Monday, June 17, 2013

Pine Burr quilt accompaniments

Yes... I am sewing.  But my progress is slow and from one day to the next any photos I take look the same.

I have gone through all the triangle pieces that someone gave me and I am now digging through my stash for smaller scraps.  That is not hard to do as I have a laundry basket full of smaller scraps!  I don't want too many triangles the same though so I go pawing through the scraps and cut one or two triangles and put the left-over fabric back in the basket.

As for the triangle lattice strips that I've been making, I've almost hit the 40 mark.  (I need 48).  Just a bit more to go on that.  I make many mistakes when lining up the light triangles on one side and the colorful triangles on the other.  My concentration level ebbs after an hour or so and I end up taking out almost as much as I put in.  Well, this is not a race, but I would like to have all these lattice pieces made before I go to the States on July 15th.

In the evenings I work on the corner star blocks.  These are tiny pieces but I suppose I've done tinier.  Let's see... I have 15 of these made and I need another 15.  I would like to have these all made by July 15th too so I'm aiming for one star block every two days.

And then when I get back from the States in a month I will have forgotten where I've shelved the blocks and lattice pieces nor will I probably be able to find the pattern.  And when I find all that I will probably be wanting to start on some new quilt pattern that I've found while in the States. 

I am so predictable.

12 comments:

  1. I know about wanting to start a new project before others are completed. This year I have promised myself to complete some UFOs, before embarking on a new one. Prior to going away for a length of time, I'd pack the UFO in a box and mark it as URGENT. Then I know where to find the UFO on my return.
    Well done on almost completing your triangle strips. They are looking grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are so looking forward to your visit to " The States" !!! The triangles will still be there when you come back. July 15th will come so soon, the passport will have arrived safely I hope. Greetings from Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ability to use small bits and pieces to create the most beautiful things is always such a delight...cloth, yarn, food, or even photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya, imagining these teeny tiny pieces and blocks in a quilt is giving me a thrill! It is going to be the most stunning quilt in a cute way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As paraphrased from "The Graduate"....Plastics, as in ziplock bags (and boxes)...I try to put my projects in large bags with a note to myself as to my next step.

    I had never seen a Pine Burr block or quilt before reading your blog and am always excited to see how far you've progressed in each of your postings. I love seeing your work and that of your quilting buddies.

    Have a wonderful vacation with your family.

    Joanne in PA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such tedious work. Very pretty! And, to remember where I am on projects and what I am doing, I am a list maker. By making lists, I can free up my brain to do creative things. Well, it works for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait wait... are you sewing those itsy bitsy triangels or stars by hand? Oy vey!
    Ruth From california

    ReplyDelete
  8. I envy you, or rather your quilt. I love scrap quilts. This one is going to be a beauty. You'll come back from the states with renewed energy, and finish that quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lattice strips and star blocks are coming along very nicely. Before you know it you goals will be reached, your passport will arrive and July 15th will be here. Have a wonderful vacation with your family in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After putting in all that work, that quilt will demand finishing.I wish my quilt was making that kind of progress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just getting back from a long road trip. I left a pile of all the different blocks from my latest quilt. Everything was right there when I got back. I have no idea what I need yet or where to start back up. I think I will blog some of the trip and then start figuring out "where was I?"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! That quilt is really coming along! I can't wait to see what it looks like when assembled.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.