Saturday, June 1, 2013

Progress Report

Here it is June.  Might as well give a progress report on my patchwork activity at home.


Ta-da!  20 Pine Burr Blocks!  I am finished with those!!!  Whew!  I think I was getting sloppy at the end because the last one turned out like a tent and I had to redo it...  I don't think you can guess now which one is the sloppy one and I'm not telling!  That was A LOT of hand sewing!!


And of course I've been plugging away on the lattice strips.  I'm still making triangle strips but to alleviate some of the boredom, eh-hem, concentrated routine work, I've been putting the strips together into lattice pieces.  At date I have 20 lattice pieces and I think I need 49 (or maybe it is 48... every time I count I come up with a different number.)  And I still have about 20 triangle strips (two strips per piece) by my sewing machine so I may have passed my half-way mark! 


Now that my hand sewing is finished on the Pine Burr blocks I will move on to hand piecing the lattice corners.  Two done... By my calculations I need 30.   Sigh.

There are still a lot of sewing days ahead of me but I'm making progress!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for inviting me! Will you have 2 blogs now? We have heard from the Japanese exchange student that we hosted last year. He wants to come for a visit. I think he liked American life..I KNOW he liked Poptarts! (oh my goodness! just dont tell his mother I fed him Poptarts! lol! He found them in the pantry. My son rarely eats them, but occasionally he will have one for breakfast. Shimpei took them everyday in his lunch box!) SIGH...Love your Pine Burr blocks. You have more patience than I do...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invitation to your new blog. I love the larger pictures. Old eyes you know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tanya
    Thanks for the invitation. Your Pine Burr blocks are wonderful! They will look great with the pieced sashing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love love the Pine Burr... the new look... and you! Thanks for inviting me as a viewer, you are such a dedicated woman and an inspiration to us all. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for inviting me! I'm very happy to be able to continue to read your inspirational blog!! Is your trip to the U.S. soon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tanya. Thanks for inviting me. I'm not familiar with blogs EXCEPT for yours! Does this mean you will no longer use the old one? I really liked some of the pics there!
    Remember to email once in a while,too!
    Yes, I like the pink background... Very warm...like you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What stunning blocks... such perfect piecing! I love the new look on you new blog...As every I look forward to your stories and pictures :o)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.