Sunday, June 2, 2013

Welcome! Welcome!!

And WELCOME!  And thank you for coming!!!  And I am really happy to see you again!


And though one of the reasons why I changed blogs was so that I could use the extra large photo option... I don't want to scare you with TOO much of a close-up picture of me.  Here I am this morning (6:00 am... no make-up) with a bouquet of greens that a farmer handed me as Tetsu and I walked by his field.

Well... I have spent enough time this morning on the computer setting this new blog up.  Don't you like the pretty pink background?  I couldn't make a quilty header in such a hurry so the scenery behind my house will have to do for awhile...  Hmmm... What about this font?  Is it easier to read?

And dang-it-all if I can't figure out how to get my signature on my posts....  I did it on the old post but I don't remember how now... If you can help me please do!

(For now... I'm copying and pasting it.)

44 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to join your blog! I do love reading the different things that you write about. I like the font you picked out. I always have a hard time reading a blog that has a black background with white lettering font so I usually skip those! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new blog! :) It's lovely. And I do like the font. It is much easier to read. Unfortunately I can't help with the signature thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it this far, but do not know how this works yet. The font looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for inviting me to your new blog - I'm looking forward to seeing and reading all of your topics - I always love hearing of your life in Japan and your quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the invite. I would cry to lose you from my computer screen. Does this format have a way of rotating pictures or making collages?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for inviting me, Tanya. I love reading your wonderful blog and hear about your kids and quilting (and all the 4-legged kids too). Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the invitation, dear Tanya ! This new blog is beautiful and I love the colors & settings (you look GREAT !).
    By the way, what happened to your old posts ? I liked browsing through these, for inspiration ; ))

    Heartful thoughts,
    XOXOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nadine... The old blog is still there somewhere. I think if you check the blog profile then there is a list of my blogs... A whole one. The original one is the only one listed. (Confusing I know because I kept the same name...

      Love, Tanya

      Delete
  8. I love the pink background! So glad I saw the post on your old blog about invites to read the new one -- I would have wondered where you went!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the invitation, Tanya. I love your new blog look! I do know how to help you add your signature to your blog, too. I use Flickr to host some of my photographs and images (like my signature). Upload the signature that you're currently cutting and pasting there (or on another host service) first. Then click on it to get the url. After you have that, go to your blog account. Select "Design" -> "Template" -> "Settings" ->"Posts and Comments". Once you're there, you'll see "Post Template". Paste the url for your signature into that box and "Save Settings" on the upper right side of the page. Done! Hope this helps.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna!!! I did it (I think...) Hopefully tomorrow's post will have my "signature" at the bottom of it. You're a life saver!

      Delete
  10. Hallo.. It's Ursula, so you know I got in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the invitation. No day would be complete without visiting you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can somebody tell me how to add this new blog to Bloglovin, or Google Reader?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tanya...love the new look, font and the large photo. Pink works for me... my favorite color. Thank you for the invitation and so glad it worked this time around. You look great at 6am!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for inviting me to your new blog! Even though I rarely comment, I regularly stop by at your blog and LOVE your perspective on Japanese life. You look fantastic in today's picture!
    Julia (from Sasebo)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm here, Fran from Tasmania (currently in Palo Alto USA) plenty of comments now, hope it all works ! Hugz,

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for including me on your new blog! I like the new look, very fresh and modern, hope it solves all your problems.

    Marcie in Castlemaine Australia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new blog looks great! I really like this font too. Thanks for all the love you put into your blog!

    Kathy in Burbank CA

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy new blog - so glad to follow you to here xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Tanya for the invitation to your new blog. Reading your post is the best part of my day.
    I love the cheerful font, bigger photos and pretty pink background. You are looking so sweet in the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hy Tanya, I'm very happy for this new blog, you are very nice, and I'll continue to read your posts and your very interesting words about real life in Japan( and quilting, of course, and food and cats and walking with Choco ...). Your Italian follower, Piera

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you don't get anymore negative messages. If you do, tell them they are in the extreme minority and they are welcome to read someone else's blog! LOL
    Love from Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, the new appearance is fresh, modern and clean! I created my signature here:

    http://www.mylivesignature.com/

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the invite Tanya - your new blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you .... I read your blog every Sunday morning and will now still enjoy seeing what you do during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yea! I found it. Yes, I like the new font. Makes it easier on these old eyes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for the invitation, I would really miss checking your blog every morning! Good luck and God Bless! June in NC

    ReplyDelete
  27. How lovely - thank you for letting me join you here xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Brenda Lou sent me your new blog address. I've only made comments very few times and never on my Gmail account. I have been reading your blog daily for several years now. I would be lost without it to read.
    Love, Darlene in the Redwoods of Northern California

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are bookmarked and I thank you. I would feel a loss if I couldn't read your blog. Love the new look and the larger pictures. I hope this works for you and again, thanks.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  30. So happy to be able to read your daily blog. You always have something interesting to share. Thanks for the invite.
    Jean in Memphis

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dear Tanya, thank you for inviting me to come along to the new blog. You have a real gift for sharing. I'm glad you are carrying on with the accounts of your daily life, which I enjoy so much, especially after my recent trip to Japan. The tea bag / glasses case / phone holder project is coming along nicely, but slowly!
    love
    Carole
    UK

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Tanya! Thank you for the invitation. I so enjoy your blog.

    We are on our way home from the ship right now - driving North from Port Canaveral to Cincinnati.

    Tomorrow we will see the kids and the dogs! It has been a long ten weeks.

    Now that I will have a better Internet connection than the satellite on the ship, I'll be able to visit your blog more often.

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Tanya, thank you so much for inviting me to your new blog. The new blog looks nice and the colour gives it a good feeling (kind of hard to explain in english but it feels positive ) Hope it will work and I,m looking forward to your next post.
    Ida in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Tanya, thank you so much for inviting me to your new blog. The new blog looks nice and the colour gives it a good feeling (kind of hard to explain in english but it feels positive ) Hope it will work and I,m looking forward to your next post.
    Ida in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks Tanya...love your new blog...the larger pictures will be nice! Have a good evening...or is it morning in Japan? I'm in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks Tanya for the link to your "new" blog. I love the look and the larger pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you for the new link. I love the new site! Hope this takes care of the problems for you. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Found you! Thanks for having sent me the link!
    I like your new blog a lot. Small question though ... are you going to keep the old blog as well (as a record)? I like to re-read some of your stories hence my question :-).
    Have a nice day!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  39. Tanya, my day always starts with your blog and thankfully that will continue. Your pictures are going to be spectacular.
    Virginia D.

    ReplyDelete
  40. These old eyes love the new bigger and bolder print. So glad to be with you again.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yes, I love the print and the pink!!! I still can't imagine how folks could have left you comments that were not nice! You seem like one of the sweetest ladies I've met on blogs. Love hearing about your life and learning so much about the country in which you live!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.