Monday, June 10, 2013

Hospital waiting room

Mrs. Furui and I went over to the University Hospital yesterday, giving me a chance to photo the summer quilt that we had made and donated.

 Ooh.  That quilt certainly matches the waiting room's bench, doesn't it!

This quilt was designed by Mrs. Furui and she chose to add the little elves in the corner because the children's waiting room has these pretty little animal and elf silhouettes all over the walls.  Each wall is a different color... I just happened to photograph the orange one.

Although donated fabric products such as quilts and bags and pillowcases are not allowed inside the children's ward, the waiting rooms and hallways can be decorated by the volunteers. Mrs. Furui has made two quilts on her own for the children's ward and I have helped her with two now.

I brought home autumn applique blocks from the hospital volunteers and I've promised to put together an autumn quilt for this same waiting room spot.  Hmm.  The autumn quilt isn't going to match that blue bench...

11 comments:

  1. The quilt/bench colour match is very pleasing to the eye, and the children will love 'spying' the elves from the wall on the quilt.
    How about making an autumn quilt with motifs of an animal on the wall; you can always add just one spot of bench blue as an eye catcher.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Very nice match, with the bench color and elves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is SO perfect for the room!!! Love the orange wall too!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue and orange are complementary colors. It will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Queenie's idea is a good plan. Glad you could get such good pictures of the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm quite impressed with her quilt. Looks so very nice with the bench. But I agree...orange and blue are complimentary colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Everything you do is such an inspiration and all of the other quilters, as well!

    Love the new blog and thanks for the invite. I'd be so sad without my Tanya blog reading fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt and perfect place for it! Your blog and what you share is a wonderful and encouraging inspiration for us all...Thank you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt is gorgeous! It's cheery yet soft & calming at the same time -- perfect for the children's part of hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm catching up on your blog since the move Tanya, thank you for letting me continue to read your thoughts and view your lovely photos. The quilt is gorgeous, I love blues! Such joy quilts in hospitals bring, my quilt group here in the states makes quilts for the local hospital, a battered women's shelter and a group that builds homes for the needy. Tis good work to do. Ani in NC

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.