(I'm trying to think positively... Wednesdays tend to be an exhausting day in the week for me...)
I have been visiting my friend in the hospital and I continue to send her cards. She is not much of a cat lover but I sent her this one after she told me that she had trouble sleeping with all the noises going on in the hospital. Nurses checking patients, machines bleeping and doing various functions like massaging legs etc.
Because my friend is doing so well, I am pretty much in awe of modern medicine these days. Keyhole surgery and already talk of going home this week. Everyone in my friend's hospital room looks so GOOD and seems so cheerful! Having roommates means that they can compare their progress and share their setbacks.
"You all seem like comrades going through your healing together! Please don't include me in the club..."
But truly, I see modern medicine as a miracle, and I'm not saying that glibly. What once was impossible is now routine.
Still, we will all be happy when my friend is back home in her own bed...
Yes, you are so right. There is no place like home, especially when you don't feel well and just want to rest and recover.
ReplyDeleteI like your photo and scripture.
ReplyDeleteWere I in a hospital, I would get well just to get out! Noise is only a part. These days they put some chemical into the ventilation system to prevent infections like legionnaire's disease, and after half an hour, I can't breathe. I hope your friend will soon be home.
ReplyDeleteHoping your friend is soon back in her own home....and the card w/ the kitty will help get her there....hugs, Pat in IN
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, greetings and wishes from you and from blog friends as well, health and returning home will be happening soon. All these will uplift your friend a whole lot. Cheers from Jean.
ReplyDeletethank you SO much! I found your blog again! Im happy! Thanks for letting all
ReplyDeleteof us follow you! Thank you ,Thank Thank you! HAPPY DANCE!Love, Dawn in Utah
I'm with Julie! I will do whatever I can to stay out of hospital! Should I have to go in, I'm sure I would find it hard to seep and would need one of your snoozing cat cards!
ReplyDeleteLovely wishes and greeting cards to cheerup your dear friend. So happy to know that she is doing well and is going to be in the comfort of home soon.
ReplyDelete