Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bible verses

I've been  making postcards to send to a friend in the hospital.  I've got all these pictures of flowers and nature and it seemed a way to put them to good use.  If I add a Bible verse... well they might be uplifting and cheerful.  So here is my "gallery" of cards so far.  Some of these you've seen before as just blog photos.

Leaves in the forest behind my house after a rainfall.

 A farmer's irises besides his fields.

Well, not a Bible verse but Martin Luther.

Park leaves shot straight upwards from a park bench.  (I always wanted to see how the photographer gets the leaves and bright sky without overexposing the shot.  I took A LOT of photos but only this one is presentable.)
 
 The work of our hands!  We are blessed!  That's for sure!

A quick photo while walking through Kyoto.  I have no idea how I captured the falling cherry blossom petals.  That's my problem... I never know WHY a photo turns out or doesn't. 

 Ooh...  I was happy with this picture!  That's like a macro-shot with no macro lens!  Again, I have no idea what I was doing with the camera.

Some of photos work out as cards, some of them don't...  I've cropped some pictures and that makes the pixels or whatever blur out a bit.  It is kind of fun to go through the Bible and see what verse might match a photo...  Gives me the much needed Bible reading!
 

28 comments:

  1. Your photos are truly stunning and not knowing how you captured the scenes I guess is called 'natural talent'.
    The pictures have been beautifully matched to the words of wisdom.
    Let's pray for your friends speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God-given talent?

    I love all of these - particularly Philippians 4:8. And then I read Martin Luther's quote, which I have not seen before (even as ELCA Lutheran), and I do appreciate it as well.

    I like your idea of postcards from your photography and Bible verses.

    ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, they are all absolutely exquisite. The one of Mrs. F.s quilt made me teary.
    You are an artist of many talents.

    Rieann. Western Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all so gorgeous! You did a great job on them! I'm sure your friends will be uplifted when they receive them from you when they are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cards!!! Are the cards photos or copies on card stock of photos? How do you get the lettering on the photo or card???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all! Do cat cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful, both as photos and as cards. One very talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are amazing, Tanya. You should get these made up to sell or put together for a calendar.
    I have been taking scraps of fabrics and making postcards for my sister-in-law who is having treatment for cancer. Most of the fabrics I am just adding shading and detail into the composition I have made of the scraps. I am enjoying looking for Bible verses to write on the back. I will look up some of the ones you have used.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful. You should sell them online, take a look at Redbubble as one possibility.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are beautiful! You are truly an artist...both with fabric and photos! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The card with the cherry tree is my favorite and I would buy them too. I think it is a great idea.
    Pat from Santa Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree - your cards are lovely and I would buy them in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I especially love your cards with your friend's quilt, and the cherry blossom one! So meaningful because we know the stories behind the photos through your blog. You truly have God-given gifts and He captures them for you through your lens. I would love to be able to buy your cards! Julie Lee

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful & uplifting! These cards are the most wonderful blend of encouragement and art! Of course I would love to purchase some if you ever did decide to sell some - but alas postage to the states would be more than the cards. Please share a blog post sometime of how you created these - glossy paper? Microsoft Word for the verses? Ect.
    May your trip to the states be safe and enjoyable this summer, Beth in AL USA

    ReplyDelete
  18. OOOOHH! Beautiful! Especially the last three. You could package them as cards and maybe sell them. I'd buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards. What program do you use to put the Bible verses in the pictures? Would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What wonderful cards! I'm with Ida...what program do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Bible verses you chose. Very uplifting and meaningful coupled with your lovely photos.
    Grace, Tx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. Your friend will definitely be encouraged by these postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow - so pretty! Thank you for sharing.

    -Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Tanya, is there no end to your creative imagination! These are all so lovely....hugs, Pat in IN

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are awesome. They are so professional looking. You do so many great things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh! Such beautiful photos and passages Tanya! Thank you for taking the time to share them. I love the cherry blossoms photo very much. Ani in NC

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.