Happy Birthday Takumi!
Takumi is 28 today. Actually yesterday Japan time but today California time. I have a feeling that Takumi hasn't found me yet in blog world... maybe he hasn't yet noticed I'm not where I usually am? Anyway, Tetsu came home whistling and dangling a supermarket bag with a quart of ice cream in it.
"Happy Birthday! We're celebrating!"
Without the birthday boy? Ah well. Sorry Takumi, your father and I enjoyed partying it up on your behalf.
***************************************
Next... (maybe this should have been first) Thank you so much for seeking me out and finding me. I really did not expect the response from so many blog readers. Well, I figured...
"20 regular readers? Hmmm... Maybe more because many people have wished Takumi and Leiya their congratulations at their graduations. So I can send out invitations to the people who comment regularly and ask the others to e-mail me."
But I really had a flood of people e-mailing me yesterday to say they would like to continue reading... and so I switched off the permission button and now anybody can come and go as they please.
However... basically I'm laying low in the blog world and it will be harder for new people to find me and that's how I'd like it for a couple months at least. For any of you who have me on your favorite lists... or listed on your side-bars... Could you just leave my old blog link there for awhile...maybe through summer? I don't know how persistent my critics are but they could probably figure out how to come through other people's blog links.
So... With all that fuss and bother I have been carrying on a regular life too. Back to regular blogging!
***********************************************
And lastly... Thank you Donna for helping me get my "signature" at the bottom of my posts again!
Love the bigger pictures! Hope this solves your problems.
ReplyDeleteLurking Linda
Happy Birthday to your son! I think it's great that you celebrated even though he wasn't there because hey you gave birth to him! lol It's your day too!
ReplyDeleteNice - new look!
ReplyDeleteI put a short-cut on my main screen, to your new blog. I don't even have to go to my blog & sidebar, anymore.
Happy Birthday to Takumi (and Tanya & Tetsu)!
Ah, happy birthday to the kiddle! Thanks for helping me get here. I sure would have missed you!! ♥
ReplyDeleteYour new blog with its larger pictures really does justice to your great photographs. The ice cream looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your son, Tanya! Also, I'm so glad that I was able to help you. Let me know if you need anything else. I'll help as my limited knowledge allows.
ReplyDeletexo
Donna
Hahahaa!!! Tetsu-san's soooo funny lol i love that u n tetsu-san celebrated Takumi's bday for him in JP lol It reminds me of the old times when Tetsu-san brought home ice cream on the 13th of any month and called it an anniversary lol I was really enjoying in lol
ReplyDeleteHey Tanya, I found you, and the large photos are awesome....and Happy Birthday Tahkumi...my dtr Sonya is 51 tomorrow 6/4..so they sort of share a birthday...tee hee hee.....THANKS so much for the hard work you do so that we can learn more about quilting and Japan...and you and your family...(I really think of you and your family as part of ours, related to Grandfather, etc)....Hugs, Pat in IN
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your son - our daughters do not live at home any longer and they do not live real close by either - we celebrate there birthdays without them too - makes a good reason to have cake!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Takumi. Nice that you and Tetsu could celebrate "with" him. The icecream looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteTanya, just a thought about your critics: if instead of deleting them, you mark them as spam. the spam filter will keep them from posting any more. Or they *can,* but they'll only show up in the spam folder. . . . That's a "just in case" they find you again. . . .
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to Takumi!
ReplyDeleteHi Tanya, I found you and the large photos are great.
ReplyDeleteAnd happy birthday.
x Martine
Tanya, your blog is a big reason we decided to finally travel to Japan. It was everything we hoped it would be. I know want to return for one of the big quilt shows but have to get over the 28 hour travel marathon first. Ana from Indiana
ReplyDeleteHi Tanya,
ReplyDeleteFirst of all that looks like a delicious icecream! Congrats for the birthday boy.
I did put you in my blog roll but removed you after reading this post. I'll use my favourites page instead :-)
Looking forward to new messaged in your new blog! It really looks crisp. Love the bigger pictures as well.
Kind greetings,
Ann
Love the new blog. So glad I can still come by each morning.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! On both Takumi's birthday and the new blog.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your son and isn't that always a good way to celebrate most things. Yum.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sending the link. The blog looks really great.
I'm following! I just don't leave a lot of comments . . . . .
ReplyDeleteLOL...thanks for the link - I figured out how to get here after I emailed you a second time. Sorry I know you are fielding lots of request. Now I just have to bookmark you and see if I can set you up on my RSS feed. I just keep on learning new things everyday!
ReplyDeleteI love the looks of your new site. The larger photos are great. Happy birthday to your son! Much continued success.
ReplyDeleteLooking good Tanya! Congrats to to both of you; Takumi and new blog! Thanks for including me. Louise
ReplyDeleteHow fun to celebrate, celebrant present or not! :) I'm sure he can "feel" your positive "vibes" across the sea.
ReplyDeleteI'll go take your new blog off of my sidebar. That's how I read other blogs - by going down my own sidebar....
Hugs,
Lois
Happy late birthday to your son! Today is my birthday and I am 83. I enjoy reading your blog and the ones about the earthquake hit home because I have been in three major ones and I admired your composure. Pat from Santa Barbara
ReplyDelete