Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 quilt pictures

The end of the year is upon us.  I have taken inventory of my quilting and sewing projects this year and discovered that I got a lot more done than I thought I had.  Part of that is thanks to the McKenna quilt kits that went together so quickly and easily.  Anyway, here is my 2013 quilt collage.

You can't really tell which are large quilts and which are small quilts from this picture but they are all there.  I've claimed the bazaar quilt and the Turning Leaves quilt as some of mine though I certainly didn't do all that work... But I worked ON them with my friends.

And finally a picture of Tetsu's Christmas sweater.

We visited Tetsu's mother this weekend, partly to show her the sweater and partly to give her some calendars that she had asked for.  How does the sweater fit?  Tetsu took it off within minutes saying it was way to hot for indoors!  Maybe when we go dog walking?

Oh dear... And while I'm at it, here is a goofy picture of me in a blanket/robe that Takumi sent me.  He knows that the rooms get pretty cold in our house, the cats can attest to that.  Here are three of them sitting aound the electric heater... No... that isn't really a hood on the robe get-up.  The blanket folds up into a cushion and that is the cushion cover on my head.

Bye!  See you in the New Year!

15 comments:

  1. The sweater is absolutely a stunner... great colors, nice fit, and appropriate cuffs and bands! I feel silly for my long explanation on how to pull in the cuffs and bands. Happy New Year! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super collage, and they are all beautiful, Lovely sweater Tetsu, maybe room for some growth, or a thicker shirt under, and Tanya, love your robe, hand thumb holes, and thick cuffs, perfect for any cold day. New Year Greetings, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year = love the robe :) you look like you are having fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet pictures. Tetsu's mother looks nice. Happy New Year from Connecticut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your collage. If you worked on it, it counts!
    The sweater is very flattering. Too warm? What are sweaters for?
    And that cozy robe ... I love cozy wear, but everything I have of that fuzzy pile is coated in dog hair!
    Gray color might work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great year-end post! Lots of creativity and love show through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tetsu's jumper (Australian for sweater) looks fantastic. I love knitting too, but not lately 'cause it's summer time here!!

    Maryanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you and your family!
    Your new blanket/robe is just stunning!
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressing work by an impressing Lady. Testu is handsome as usually and your mother-in-law looks healthy. Happy New 2014 and many more blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Tanya. Thank you for another year of interesting posts and great photos.
    Best Wishes from
    Gail in Washington State

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photo is adorable, Tanya! The sweater looks very good and fits so well. Wish you a very happy healthy and a creative New Year! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sweater looks great on Tetsu...looks very comfortable. Great job! And you look adorable! Lynne in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, you two always look great together....and the sweater the icing on the cake:) Now, to change the subject; several years ago, I made a blanket (any size, simple b/c you could make blocks, or use one piece of fabric for the front, a thin batting, then flannel for the back....and knotted like a comforter....there was a pocket in the center of one long end.....you folded the blanket into thirds, then folded it the other way, tucked it into the pocket and you had a thin pillow....or just a place to keep the blanket....I still have the one my nursing home ladies gave me as a gift when I retired.....Hope you have a nice New Year....and I'm going to try one of McKenna's kits one of these days, soon, I hope.....Hugs, Pat in IN

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a beautiful sweater! I'm sure it is warm. Thank you for the stuffed tofu pouches recipe. I've been looking for fillings too and found some nice recipes. Your carrot, greens and rice mixture looks lovely. Kathie, in Odessa, WA

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look warm and cosy! I like that your fingers are free for stitching :o)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.