Mrs. Furui has retired from being the kindergarten alumni president and so she is no longer "officially" in charge of the bazaar quilt. She will always be our official patchwork and quilting mentor though. The new president, Mrs. Yamaguchi, has requested that our group continue making the bazaar raffle quilt so the plans to move on to other projects have been put back on hold.
WE HAVE STARTED OUR NEW QUILT! It was an easy decision this year because Liz had sent me a wonderful Lynette Anderson Kitty Tales Quilt Kit and since most of us are kitty lovers (Mrs. Yamaguchi and I are... the others don't dare dampen our enthusiasm) we voted to work on the quilt kit this year.
I finished the embroidery on my first block though there is still some applique yet to do.
I'm loving it!
I love these no sew ornaments.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.examiner.com/article/how-to-make-a-no-sew-ornament-and-free-ornament-patterns
I have that Kitty Tales also and have only done some piecing of the background on one block.
How long do the kids have time to work on the project? Something to complete in one hour? Less? How messy can it get? I love art projects with kids but like to plan something that can be completed in the given time and go home with them. (And use things I have on hand such as toothpicks and toilet paper tubes and string.
ReplyDeleteTanya, a beautiful stitchery, kitty is smiling!! I ,too have some things I really wanted done before Christmas, but realise they will still be waiting for me in the New Year. At least Tetsu will have room under his vest for a very thick shirt!! Greetings from Jean
ReplyDeleteLove those kitties! Yes, it is a darling project. :)
ReplyDeletePinterest has some really easy and cute ideas. It is under DIY crafts (I think). My Grands and I are making some for the children's tree.
ReplyDeleteDo you have the little candy canes? Add pipe cleaner antlers and you have reindeer. You can add google eyes (or felt) but you don't have to! Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteLurking LInda
Tanya, Here is an easy way to decorate ornaments and make cute snowmen.
ReplyDeletehttp://bunnyhillblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Snowman.pdf
Mary (linesmary1@gmail.com)
Cute kitties! Who ended up winning the last bazaar quilt? I missed that post I think! Glad you are all still working together.
ReplyDelete