Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Decopon

I am down in the dumps because my stupid cold has come back full force.  Maybe it is a new cold.  My head is saying,

"THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!"

but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.  Stay at home, keep warm, take cold medicine.  APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE!!!

I had almost been happy at the beginning of last month when I caught a cold.

"Oh good.  I'll be done with it before the Christmas season."  Hah!

During the Christmas season I really need to be on my toes.  There was one year that I ended up missing the kindergarten Christmas program (which I am part of!) and I've never lived that down.  Even on my healthy days when I go in to the kindergarten the teachers will rib me a bit saying,

"Take care!  Christmas isn't so far away!"

Yesterday, equipped with mask and cough drops I went in for a general rehearsal.

"OH NO!  Tanya-sensei is sick again!!!  You really don't do well during this season do you?"

"I'm sorry."

"Eeehh!  You've caught a cold again?!"  The Christmas program is this Saturday!  Please get over it before then!"

"I'm sorry."

I had delayed other commitments because of the November cold.  I was supposed to record some tour material for Tamozawa Villa (remember that post?) but I wanted to do that when my voice wasn't so raspy.  Finally I made an appointment to do it this week.  But wait...  As soon as my nose started to run, I went to the doctors' and told him I REALLY needed something STRONG so that I could do the recording job.  He chuckled and wrote out a prescription but it sure didn't make the recording deadline.  I've had to cancel out on this week's appointment.  Not with me sniffling and my voice sounding like I'm inside an inner tube.

"I'm sorry."

I've cancelled English classes.

"I'm sorry."

I've stopped cooking and cleaning (again!)

"I'm sorry."

And let me tell you, I'm feeling miserable just having to say I'm sorry to everyone!!!

Someone sent me a BEAUTIFUL box full of decopon.  They are a type of citrus developed in Japan in the 70's and packed with vitamin C.  I'm sitting here with cats on my lap eating decopon after decopon.  I may not blog for a few days again...

I'm sorry.
 

17 comments:

  1. Don't be sorry! I'm sorry you're having such a rough time! If it's any help, this is usually the time of year that I get sick as well. Sigh, here in Alberta it's been record colds then record warms then record colds again. Such up and down weather really takes it out of you and brings on the cold bugs! Some really good news for me--my son bought me an early Christmas present--brand new winter tires. I feel very loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are not feeling well again. It is really a bummer to be sick right before Christmas with so much going on. I pray you will recover quickly and be able to enjoy the things you want to do soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing all the right things so I am sure you will feel better in time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colds are such a dreary thing to deal with Tanya, I feel for you! Hugs for fast healing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried taking Echinacea with goldenseal? That works like a charm for me and my kids. It really dries up my sinuses. I did a lot of research a few years ago looking for something that would help with my reoccurring sinus infections that I had to take antibiotics to get any relief from. Once I started taking the Echinacea with the goldenseal I haven't been back to my allergy doctor who I frequented for a few years! Not sure if you have a GNC where you live or not but that is the brand that I buy and it is in a dropper. I like it best because it absorbs into your system fast. I also used to get the flu every year and haven't since I started using it, (knock on wood)! lol Do some google searches about it to make sure it is safe for you to take. When I'm really sick I take it twice a day for 2 weeks. I've recently discovered that it also works for food poisoning too. I pray you get well soon and can go to your Christmas program!

    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. May God bless you with good health, healing and quick recovery. Amen.
    Grace, tx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you are having a rotten time. Have you wondered whether it's an allergy rather than a cold? Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rest, test and rest! And let the rest of the world take care of business until you are well again. If we could control virus nobody would become sick but unfortunately science hasn't come that far yet. So it is not your fault that you have a cold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Anne, Adelaide South Australia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colds are just a part of life...especially when we get too busy and our systems get "run-down"! Hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending hugs from
    Gail in Washington State

    ReplyDelete
  12. There seem to be several versions of that cold bug running around these days. When you deal with children, you are more likely to come in contact with all kinds of bugs with no time between to build up a resistance. Beware ... over New Years they will travel to other parts of Japan and bring back new bugs. I hate those masks but I know why people wear them, not only to prevent passing on germs, but picking up new ones. Our little powder room is right off the genkan and a good reminder to wash our hands upon entering the house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so frustrating, to be willing and ready to contribute and then get sick. You don't have to apologize for being sick. You are worthy of rest and warmth and decopon and not doing anything. Soon, you will feel better and be able to help the others when they have colds. And your timing is not so bad; Y-kun will be able to quilt on Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tanya, I am so sorry! I am glad you are taking lot of Vitamin C and resting. I hope it helps in your healing and even feel better just in time for the Children's event. Take care! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tanya,

    I am sorry about your cold and know how you feel. I had coughing sickness for a week and laryngitis for 2 weeks! Could not talk at all. Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.