This is pretty different from Sun Bonnet Sue's usual attire but I just pulled out fabrics from my stash that seemed to be about the right size... I sure hope my friend likes PINK. I didn't really I was getting so pink until it was about finished. The pattern called for embroidering a ribbon and magic wand but I was running out of time so I added a satin ribbon and a decorative flower instead.
The pink border quilting was somewhat more successful with a freehand meandering feather spine that I echoed and then filled in with tiny circles. I've always wanted to try this technique and I must say I love the effect.
I am giving Sun Bonnet Sue to my friend today at church... The timing for this post is important... I need to post before going to church but not before she checks my blog!
I'm sure your friend will be so happy with her gift, lovely design, colours ,and the quilting, all in all prefect. timing spot on, Cheers,Jean. p.s. did you have another quake off shore?
ReplyDeleteBless you, for being such a good friend. It's a lovely pink quilt!
ReplyDeleteGood for you ... all down to the wire including the tricky timing. I'm sure your friend will be very happy.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, especially the quilting. I
ReplyDeleteHow very pretty!! So bright and happy. :)
ReplyDeleteWow...the feathers and circles within are perfect! I'm sure your friend will be happy to receive your gift.
ReplyDeleteBest regards from Gail in Sunny Washington State
I thought the quilting on the yellow part looked very nice & free-flowing!
ReplyDeleteI like this take on Sun Bonnet Sue! And the ribbon is just perfect. BTW, I just noticed your other blog "Thoughts" and read through it. I've followed your blog several years now and this is first time I noticed the other blog tab. I really like your "thoughts" about the Bible and Jesus and living a Christian life. And the watercolor effect of your photos is lovely. I'll be reading this other blog often now. Thanks for this special Christian moment.
ReplyDelete