Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 2... fabric and pets

I am crossing things off my list of things to-do...

I got to the DMV yesterday and went through the rigamarole to have my driver's license renewed.  My license photo may be satisfactory (no guarantees though) because the guy taking the photo said I looked dorky in the first picture he took and he retook it.  Maybe I just look naturally dorky...
I have started my early morning walks and I head out towards the local high school at 6:00am.  There seems to be a summer school P.E. class going on and students run the streets while it is still cool in the mornings (and that's why I go walking too.)
Marcy and Kiana and I made a trip to M and L's, the fabric warehouse located a few cities over. On my list of things to buy I had 10 meters of cheap backing material.  Well, instead of buying 10 meters of the same fabric (which would have been smarter so I'd be able to use it in large and small pieces) I ended up finding many pretty suitable backing fabrics.  I chose 4... the top four in the left pile.  That blue striped may turn into the border for the quilt I'm making out of circles... I can't remember what kind of border it might need...
On the right side, I picked up two white batiks and a pink batik that Mrs. Furui asked me to look for.  We need the white for some Christmas blocks that we planning to make and the pink is just for Mrs. Furui's stash.

That fish fabric is not something I'm going to want to use but the minute I saw it I thought, "YUMA-kun!"  He fondles the one fishy looking scrap I have in my home stash and talks about making something fishy someday.  He can have his own meter of fish fabric.
And here are a few pet photos.  Sadie, Grandma's favorite...  Always furry and friendly.
 Scrappy is getting up in years but still playful at dinnertime.
And here is Marcy's special buddy, Simba.  Marcy had never been much of a cat person (though she has one other kitty that won't let me take its picture) but last year Colin convinced her to get a kitten and this guy joined the family.  Last summer he was still peeing around the house and scratching up things and Marcy was threatening to get rid of him.  Well, if she wasn't planning to keep him, then I wasn't planning to become very attached to him either but Simba has mellowed out and Marcy is completely and thoroughly ga-ga over him.

"Tani, I never thought I'd become a cat lady!"

But a cat lady she has become...
 

3 comments:

  1. The family visit would not be complete without the fabric shopping trip, lovely fabrics, and ginger Simba, my favourite. Enjoy every day, hugs, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking us along with you.I'm so enjoying it and getting to know your family. Speaking of cats, here's a pinterest page that has some wonderful cats on it. I laughed and laughed this morning as I looked at it. http://www.pinterest.com/lumosgirl1/kitties/ I hope you have a great day. Kathie, in Odessa, WA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Yuma-kun! That fish fabric caught my eye immediately. You are so thoughtful.
    Our families are traveling a parallel path: my inlaws live in Australia (MIL, FIL, brothers and sisters-in-law, and the nieces and nephews.) Two of our children, in their 20s, are spending the summer in Australia reacquainting themselves with the Aussie side.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.