Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Celebrating!

My birthday was celebrated by some of my friends and they came to my house bearing cards and cake and flowers!
Yummy fig cheesecake...

And a beautiful arrangement of flowers.
A couple of the cards I have up on my wall already, but one "card" wasn't conducive to hanging.  Better wearing!
Nothing like being silly when around my elegant friends.

In the evening Tetsu bought me new sandals for wearing to America and then we went out for a sushi dinner. 

I'm off to the kindergarten.  I think I'll wear my kitty glasses!  Silliness is part of kindergarten!  (Wait a minute... Today is class observation day for the parents...  Oh well...  I'm gonna do it anyway!)

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and best wishes for a wonderful wonderful wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your kitty glasses - I'm sure all the kids will love them! happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. I love the glasses and I'll be everyone else will too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so far behind in blog reading...happy belated birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Tanya!! Looks like it was a lot of fun. Groovy glasses. That cake looks delicious although not like any birthday cake I have seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I love your kitty glasses! The cake looks interesting as I've never heard of a fig cake. I noticed the candles are very long and skinny compared to the candles we have in the USA and that too is interesting to me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your glasses!!!!! Make that your new profile picture!!! Very cute. Glad you had a good birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very happy birthday Tanya! I do enjoy your blog, and really appreciate your effort in posting every single day, always interesting, with beautiful photos, a little glimpse of everyday life in Japan. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful friends! I don't think any of mine even know when my birthday is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look so cute, Tanya! Happy Birthday once again! Glad you had such a fun day with your friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.