Monday, July 7, 2014

Circles

I'm in a circle mode this week.
I managed to get all 32 circle blocks made.  Unfortunately the next step to this is going to have to wait until the end of summer when I come back from the States.  (Can you see my suitcase there waiting to be packed?)  I'm afraid if I start and have to stop part way through the piecing process that I'll lose pieces and become confused.  So far this quilt is not coming out as colorful as I imagined it but there are more blocks to come.

And I made a label for the quilt that will be raffled at the kindergarten bazaar later this week.  The quilt is still at our friend's and she is doing the machine quilting again this year for us.  Mrs. O lives far enough away that she can rarely come to our patchwork gatherings but she wants to participate with whatever the group is working on.  Each year the rest of us put together a quilt and then send it to her for the quilting.  THIS year we really had a shortened season (the bazaar date was pushed up four months!) and we have had to hurry everyone along.  Mrs. O will bring the bazaar quilt to Friday's meeting and the bazaar is on Saturday.  Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to attend the bazaar itself so my voluntary contribution is the label... to be sewn on on Friday if everyone approves of it.
The bazaar quilt is from Lynette Anderson's, Kitty Tales, a Block of the Month kit that a blog friend sent me.  And because I have one of Lynette's books I traced an illustration and then made up a label with crayons again.  I don't know why we call ourselves the Crazy Lady Quilters but we always have... I didn't realize I'd chosen another circle design until I was photographing the label.  (No kitties there... but I made my dog look like Choco!)
And my last circle is still a secret.  That's why I pixelated the picture...  I have to finish this by this weekend and I just started it yesterday.  Is that dumb or what?  Pressuring myself when I need to be getting ready to go to the States.  And this is being hand appliqued... not my strongest talent. 

Six more days til I'm flying over the Pacific!

4 comments:

  1. Are you going to cut and rearrange those circles when they are done? I have seen some interesting quilts made that way but unfortunately they require machine sewing. Will you prepare some take-along work? I'll bet your Friday meeting will be super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your circles with all the neutral/lights that you have included!
    Good luck with your busy week before leaving for the States.
    Best regards from Gail in Washington State

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice that you come to the States every summer to visit family. That is very expensive both in time and cost. You have a good family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the subtlety of the colours of your circle quilt. Yes!! you sure set yourself up for pressure! Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.