Monday, July 28, 2014

Family fun

Yesterday, I had a fun day with Takumi and Bianca. 
 It was a hot day and they played around in the pool a bit.
Later, as we chatted, Bianca finished up her McKenna quilt from last summer.  I'd brought a kit then too and I had instructed her on how to put the top together.  She was putting the finishing touches on that when I left last summer and during the year she got it all machine quilted.  These past two weeks have seen her sewing down the binding. 
 Ta-da!  A finish for Bianca and she did a great job!

Let's see...  Takumi and Bianca and I also made a trip to Costco and Takumi was most impressed that I had a Japanese Costco card that allows me membership worldwide!  The three of us stocked up on fruits and water and edamame. 

Back home the whole family got involved with playing beanbag toss. 
My grumpy looking brother is the family's all around beanbag toss champion and though everyone challenged him throughout the evening, he won hands-down.
 Look at that concentration.
Kiana has her good pitching arm from all that softball she did in high school, but maybe a bit too much power as she continually overshot the beanbag boards.
We moved the bench out a bit further for Grandma so that she could sit and watch the fun.  And I guess even Colin was playing though by that time it was getting so dark that I didn't get a picture of him. 

A family that plays together, stays together!  (or was that "prays" together?)

4 comments:

  1. I love McKenna Ryan quilts and hangings, her fabrics are the best, well done to have it finished, and bean-bag fun with all the family watching, lovely, Cheers,Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Bianca! Next project .... ?
    I think I would prefer the beanbag toss to horse shoes. Less noise and less likely to trip over the targets.
    Sure, family games are super fun when all get in the act ... even if only to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo to Bianca - those McKenna quilt kits look daunting to me.

    Brothers are pretty wonderful, in my opinion. I have three. Funny how, in their 50s and 60s, they are still the same as they were as kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yah rah, Bianca, for finishing that beautiful McKenna Ryan piece. Awesome, Miss Bianca!!!! Looks like everyone is having a good time....

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.