Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Day one in California

I have made it to California! 

The flight was uneventful... squeezed in between two other passengers which made sleeping difficult.

Takumi picked me up at LAX and we made a few detours on the way back to my brother's house.

We stopped at an ultra-expensive juice place to buy juices...   Like $7 a bottle for freshly made organic juice!  I will appreciate my daily homemade fruit and vegetable juice when I get back to Japan.  (I don't know if my homemade juice could be called organic though.) 
Here is my first picture of the summer of my son.  A new hairstyle and for some reason he seemed taller...  Maybe I shrunk.

We also stopped for some fancy hamburgers which we ate out at a park looking over the ocean.  It seemed like a very Southern California way to have lunch.
The next stop was at his workplace...  Sorry about all these family pictures but Tetsu is going to enjoy them on my blog (and this will be the flavor of most of my blog posts this month). 
My working son!  I am so proud of him!
A stop off at Takumi's house/apartment...
 And then home to Grandma!
My mother is looking really good and we all congregated in her "casita".  No, my brother is not wheelchair bound...  He just pulled up Grandma's chair for extra seating room.
Anyway, Grandma is enjoying having a couple other members of the family with her though Takumi will only be around on the weekends.  Our summer is starting off just fine!

7 comments:

  1. so nice that you get in a good long visit with your American family every year - I'm sure you enjoy it and we all understand that your family is important and it is good for your husband to be able to see the photos daily on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you really enjoyable time with your family. take care Jaana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family time is the best! Keep those pictures coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will enjoy family photos too, and you'll feel right at home with a ginger cat for company. Cheers,Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must feel so good to be back with your American family for a while. Takumi looks lovely, no wonder you are so proud of him! And he looks a lot like his handsome Dad, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are safely and uneventfully in the states. I enjoy seeing your family photos. Your son looks more mature than I remember from last year. Hope you have a wonderful month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always enjoy your pictures from CA....Hello Grandmother.......Big hugs, Pat in IN

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.