Jane's lifestyle is always an eye opener for me, and not just because she lives in a gorgeous mansion and travels around the world at a drop of a hat.
She is extremely well read and loads me up with a bunch of books to peruse and consider. On this morning I had been given a Mah Jong text to "brush up" on my Mah Jong skills as I had brought Jane an authentic Mah Jong set from Japan.
A more disciplined and organized person I don't think I've ever met and I wish some of Jane's orderly habits would rub off on me. A simple bowl of fruit and cottage cheese turns into an elegant breakfast when I'm with Jane.
Unfortunately I don't think I'll have a chance to imitate any of Jane's interior decorating talents... I can't see a chandelier hanging over my kerosene heating stove...
Isn't it interesting that our lives are so different yet we remain such good friends after all these 45 years.
A lovely, enduring friendship. Precious.
ReplyDeletethat is so nice to still be friends - sometimes when one leads such different life's you don't stay friends.
ReplyDeleteHow elegant her house is, inside and out. I don't think friendship is really related to lifestyle.
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying your posts of this year's trip to the West Coast and I'm happy to see you enjoying yourself. Your Mom looks great and your friend's house is something!! I don't think your cats would be allowed on those matching sofas!!
ReplyDeleteBest regards from Gail in Washington State
Beautiful house and amazing to be able to preserve friendship for so long. Still, your home seem so cozy with all the cats and the dog.
ReplyDelete