Tetsu worked on the files for his upcoming Home Owners' Association meeting... which he actually thinks he will have to cancel. But anyway the documents need to be made.
I went upstairs and worked on the stars I've been cutting fabric for. By lunchtime I had 16 stars made. 16 more to go!
After lunch and a long walk with John and a major grocery shopping trip, I came back to sew more stars and I got all 32 made! Yeah!
My stars don't all fit on my narrow sewing room floor but you get the idea. I plan to make Log Cabin stars in the blank places but actually this project is going to get shelved this weekend while I get out another project that I suddenly have decided I just have to start (and finish!) It feels good to be finished with the star part of this quilt though...
Um... But WHY do I have left-over half triangle blocks? As usual I have mis-calculated or mis-counted but at any rate I'd made enough for my stars so that's what was important.
"Cleo! I didn't really need your help!"
********************************
Corona virus update:
The first person had actually been on the original cruise ship and then was hospitalized in a city in the south of the prefecture. That was still a good distance from our area. But the latest patient seems to have contracted the virus after going to a concert in Osaka (another part of Japan) and then he/she came back to our city by bullet train and then went to his/her job at a major department store. Oh dear... A couple of days later the person came down with a fever and a week later has been diagnosed with the virus. So the department store has been closed down for sterilization and we in the city are just waiting for the other shoe to drop...
I still believe all my countryside fresh air is going to keep us safe but I may be grasping at straws... The reason for my major grocery shopping today was so that I can stay away from shoppers in the next week. I realize that our health strategy is rather spotty however... I don't want to go to the store but I'm still thinking of going to church tomorrow. Tetsu is still willing to go to the pool (for a bath).
Well, I enjoyed sewing my stars, and listening to gospel music while I sewed lifted my spirits a bit.
We have a case here who probably lives in my zip code. The news only said where this person went, not where they lived, and it's all within a 3-mile radius of me. Sterilizing places now is like closing the barn door after the horse left. There's already been exposure, before the diagnosis, to who knows how many people, who then went to their homes with their families or were around their friends and co-workers... It seems inevitable that there will be more cases soon, so I guess the best we can do is pray that if we get it, we're among the ones who recover without major complications or hospitalization. I don't think our hospitals are going to have enough beds. They've never faced a health crisis of this size before.
ReplyDeleteLove your star blocks. I hope you remain healthy.
ReplyDeleteI really like these stars and I'm wondering what pattern you are using or how you came up with the light and dark. I realize it may have to do with the Log Cabin blocks but I usually stay away from Log Cabin as there is sooo much stitching (at least in my head). I love these stars!!! Stay well and we seem to have one case in Indianapolis. Everyone is scared but I figure if the good Lord wants me then it must be my time!!!
ReplyDeleteI am loving your stars! (and wishing I was better at sewing pieces cut on the bias...)
ReplyDeleteI hope we all stay healthy!
--Jean Marie
Love your star blocks! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
ReplyDeleteUpdate on coronavirus here: there is now a case in a nearby town and a possible in the next town over. It's crazy how it is spreading but I hope that even though I'm over 60, that I am in good health. Just trying to avoid crowds right now. Seems like most cases are mild and we are only hearing about the cases where someone is already immuno-compromised. Some of the cases in our county are healthcare workers which is a little unsettling.
You work so fast!
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, your stars are SO gorgeous. The colors and the high contrast - just wonderful. I like your sewing room floor. It looks like it would be soft and warm underfoot. The virus - we are similarly stocked up on food but still find ourselves (carefully) going out to pick up this or that at the grocery store, or occasionally to have lunch out. Places seem about half full. We are definitely staying off the trains for now. I think your fresh country air is healthy for a number of reasons!!
ReplyDeleteFun stars. Will you be making a signature quilt for Takumi and Julieta, by any chance? Stay healthy, Tanya. Since I am more vulnerable to infection, I am avoiding public places for the most part.
ReplyDeleteI love the way those scrappy stars are going together. Maybe I could use some of my gifted florals in that design. There is a temptation, with all this down time, to get more things in progress so I hope I will not haave to declare another "Year of the UFO" at some later date.
ReplyDeleteLove your stars! I’d love to back some of these with my scraps. Is there a name for this block or a place where I can find directions? Thanks!
ReplyDelete