Oh my... Even the morning is gray!
We were pretty fogged in this morning.
The bulls were just coming out to the field to look for the sun.
This fellow checked me out pretty closely.
This tree looks like it's seen a lot of history. Its trunk has been cut back or broken many times but still it reaches its branches to the sky.
And the spider webs! I found three nearly identical webs. A family of spiders?
In the past couple of weeks I have heard the pheasants calling to each other over the fields but whenever I spot one they scurry away into the brush. They won't let me get very close to them and so I have to use a zoom lens and then crop the photo pretty tightly to be able to even make out what I was shooting at.
Most of my pheasant photos were blurry but two pictures turned out. Very handsome!
Keep your eyes open for good things. They seem all the prettier when surrounded by gray!
Love all your photos today, grey is a great background for the bulls, the blossoms and tree trunks.XXX from Nz.
ReplyDeleteYour photos of your surroundings are always so good and interesting. I enjoy looking at them so much, especially when family has decided we should stay at home to keep isolated at such a time. No idea how people with few interests cope
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for these pictures! They are beautiful. What a great lesson to look for the beauty in the gloom. So apropos given the world situation.
ReplyDeleteWe are pretty much staying home these days. It's almost futile to go to the store since the stock is gone. Restaurants are getting creative by offering family meals with curb side service. Same with the shops. I hope that we can all use this time to be creative. My sewing room in hopping with all the projects I haven't finished! Hope you both stay well.
The pheasants are absolutely stunning. I wonder what their calls are like??? No pheasants here in Australia - but plenty of other birds to wake us in the morning - particularly kookaburras - they sound like they are laughing at you - very raucous. Hope you are keeping safe and well. The Corona Virus is starting to hit here. DH and I live in a seaside town of mainly retired couples. School holidays over the Easter break - so we are stocking up on food before the town swells over the holidays. We won't want to leave the yard then as we are both 70.
ReplyDeletePS. DH and I both have hobbies we can do to stop becoming bored. Quilting, knitting, crochet for me and wood work for DH. I am overstocked with fabric, yarn etc. Have nearly finished a quilt for the newest member of the family - our first great grandchild - a beautiful little girl. I have already crocheted a little pink and mauve cotton pram cover for her. The quilt has machine embroidered kokeshi dolls alternating with pink and mauve oriental fabrics I have had for years. I only have to do the binding now. Good Night it's bed time now. Hope you can get to Takumi's wedding. Your dress is looking lovely.
ReplyDeleteYou live in a BEAUTIFUL part of this country! Thanks for sharing these photos. Love that bull staring straight at the camera;).
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos. Stay well.
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful photos, Tanya! Thank you so much for your frequent postings, love reading them always. Renata
ReplyDeleteYour photos are all wonderful. The spider webs and plum blossoms are just awesome. It seems surreal here (North Carolina) with schools closed, activities cancelled, store shelves bare.
ReplyDeleteOh, those spider webs are magnificent! Good eye!
ReplyDeleteYour photos are lovely. I don't know what it is, but I've been using more grays as background in my quilts. I hope that you get to go to your son's wedding. If not, I hope that they make a video of it for you or set up something like video chat for you. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI love the photos of the farm house/barn and the spider webs. Beautiful. I can't believe I am being mandated to live my preferred lifestyle as an introvert - social distancing. Haha. I have plenty to do to keep me occupied. Stay healthy!
ReplyDeleteThe call of the pheasants is hard to ignore but they are hard to snatch a picture of. Good job. Bamboo partridges also disappear before the camera is set. I like the warning dew on the spiderwebs against all the gray... not likely to walk into them.
ReplyDelete