Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Flowers of the field

Hmmm.  My blog writing gets a little dull when so much of our time is spent indoors...  It has been nice that the weather is good and growing warmer day by day. 

John continues to be a moody doxie and he will only go out for a walk with me about half the times that I invite him...  I ended up going out without him yesterday but I took advantage of time alone to go looking for flowers to photograph.  I found quite a few!
The Rape blossoms in my neighbor's field are starting to bloom.  Before they bloom we have been eating them!
 These pretty wildflowers crop up at the edges of the forest.
And these "berries" or buds or whatever are deeper in the forest.  I never really pay attention to what they turn out to be later on in the year.
 A wild magnolia tree on the edge of a farmer's field.
 And I love these Grape Hyacinth that push up in farmers' gardens.
 Along the edge of a rice field I found daffodils finally!
 Another type of daffodil, much smaller and less showy.
But these many petaled daffodils are very striking!
And these daffodils were pretty just because there were so many!
There were some beautiful Christmas Rose in someone's garden.
And even in our own garden the Christmas Rose seems to be doing well this year.
We have a many petaled variety that after a number of years has finally decided to bloom.

So color is coming back into the countryside.  I hope the rest of the world will find some cheer soon too!. 

11 comments:

  1. Christmas Rose, we call it Winter Rose down here, and the small daffs, they are called Hoop Petticoat Daffodils here.I have a few bulbs that are just showing tiny slender green stems, way too early for flowers here, maybe they have the seasons all muddled after being moved. Take care, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the Spring look of your blog post. Daffodils are just starting to bloom here and my magnolia is still in tight buds. Hoping that we don't get another frost before they bloom! Looking forward to warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers, truly. Spring is here and it's gorgeous outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Hellebore varieties are all lovely; thanks for taking us along on your walk today, we're always eager to join you, even if John is a reluctant partner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your flower pictures, springtime is always so beautiful :) We call your Christmas Hellebores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely flowers to take our minds off the news. Spring comes late to Minnesota but I did see some new shoots pushing through the soil. Signs of Hope and Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers to take our minds off the news. Spring comes late to Minnesota but I did see some new shoots pushing through the soil. Signs of Hope and Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry John does not seem to know what he is missing. The flowers are lovely. Hoping to see a few more around here...

    ReplyDelete
  9. God's gift to us is the flowers that bloom. That John is a pistol!!! You can always do a post about all your babies. I always like to see them. I don't have any pets now and I think about it but then I realize it's best for me to be pet free. Stay well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those red berries are Aucuba japonica, same as the 'Gold Dust' plant in American gardens. Love your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.