Sunday, May 17, 2015

Weekend morning

Tetsu and I love our weekends.  I'm sort of steering Tetsu to thinking about retiring pretty soon.

"Wouldn't you like our weekends to be everyday?"

It probably isn't going to happen for awhile longer...  He worries too much about the cost of living off of his retirement pension...

"We could live dangerously.  By faith!  You'd have a lot less stress in your life."

But then again...  Part of the reason a day off is nice is because it is a day OFF.

This past month when Tetsu has a day off and the weather is nice we eat our breakfast out on the patio and then Tetsu will read the newspaper in the hammock for awhile.  For some unknown reason we find it easier to get up early in the mornings on weekends.  Just when normal people are sleeping in!

5:15 am.

"Get up!  Get up!  The sky looks like it is going to be beautiful!  Pull out your camera and let's go for a walk."

Actually, Tetsu's the gung-ho morning person...
This was the morning right after the typhoon last week.  It is probably the same picture that I took earlier this month but you'll notice that the rice has been planted now.
 Ah...  This rice field hadn't yet though.  They must stagger their planting days for a balanced harvest.
 We liked this corner of the forest advancing into the rice field.
 And some animal took a midnight stroll across the farmer's field. 
 The dirt looks so rich and healthy.  Hmmm.  I see leaf lettuce planted there between something else...  I don't know what the something else is.
Can you spot the stalk of asparagus on the left?  The one on the right turned into a bush before it could be eaten.  The farmer is in the background trying to decide what should be planted where.  He often suggests that Tetsu take a postage size portion of his land and plant it with what Tetsu's likes.  It could be preparation for a retirement hobby... 
 A great way to start a weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! You are living in paradise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, and you don't have to drive anywhere to see it. When we set out this morning for rice delivery, the clouds were tinted pink. In another week or so, it won't be dark at all at 4:am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Yes, mornings are usually so beautiful, aren't they. I love them at sea, too. Retirement is in our future soon, too. We're thinking about it and have some great plans for it, but it will be at least another year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband retired last summer after 34 years at the local hospital. He soon convinced me to quit my part-time job. Now - we are like conjoined twins. I can never go anywhere without him and he doesn't want to go anywhere without me. I wish he would get a hobby or something, find something to do. Thank heavens for my quilting! I can go in my sewing room and be alone. If not for that I would go crazy. I love him to pieces but after retirement there is just too much husband! Debbie in WV USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think those may be brussell sprouts? Thats what the leaves look like I believe.
    Ruth in Agricultural Oxnard CA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great snaps with the rice and the reflections............amazing..........

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.