In a way, this quilt was "commissioned" because though I offered to make the quilt, Mrs. Y insists on paying for the materials so that it can be from her. That's fine, as I don't know her niece all that well, but then again I don't mind giving the quilt as a gift (from me) either. In the back of my mind I had sort of thought that Mrs. Y might want to piece one or two squares... or get in on the binding sewing so that we could say it was a joint effort but that didn't happen.
To make this Mrs. Y's quilt I guess I will accept payment for a yard and a half of batting but other than that everything else was leftover stuff from my stash...
This label needs to have the baby's name written in and the parents are still deciding... And the birth date, which I know, and the name of...? Mrs. Y? Me? Both our names?
I know that usually the quilt label has the name of the person who made the quilt, but as it is Mrs. Y's gift, should I refrain from recording mine?
I never gave a label this much thought.
Made by: you
ReplyDeleteGiven by (or presented by) Mrs. Y
Very pretty stash quilt.
You should definitely put your name as the maker. Very cute and bright baby quilt!
ReplyDelete