Tuesday, April 26, 2016

IPhone camera photos

I'm still figuring out the workings of my iPhone.  I spent most of yesterday's English class hours drilling my students on what they know about Smart Phones.  And I learned that there are an awful lot of us that don't really understand how the things work!  But my friends can get their phones to do what they want them to do without too much questioning.  Still, the most common refrain was "I just do it this way because that's how someone set it up for me."

I am reminded of the time when Tetsu and I first introduced a computer to our household.  I had another friend who had just bought a computer too and I distinctly remember the two of us commiserating with each other.

"What a crazy world!  The language doesn't even make sense!  What's this about "windows opening" and "file folders" on my "desktop"?  There are no window nor files nor desktop that I can see and I thought an icon represented something sacred!"

I'm feeling the same frustration now...  What are we talking about when someone tells me about GBs and "pushing" notifications?  I don't even understand the language!  (And the language is different for the Android model and the iPhone model and then of course I've got to figure out the difference in Japanese and English...)  Well, I did become comfortable with computer language (to a degree) so I guess the iPhone language will come to me with time.

But anyway.  I decided to give the iPhone camera a try and then see what iCloud is all about.  Sorry, I don't seem to understand that, or at least I don't understand how the iCloud file gets organized in my computer.  Too much learning for one day!  I'm leaving it as "here is the picture I want.  I don't know where it is now in my computer."  Pathetic!
So...  THIS is a picture of flowers that were brought to me yesterday.  My neighbor, Mrs. Sumi came over with the flowers for Vel.  She and her daughters have been our cat sitters for years and they have given Vel (and the other kitties) much love and care when Tetsu and I were in the States together for many days at a time.  Mrs. Sumi became quite teary speaking of Vel.  She has her own menagerie of elderly dogs and outdoor cats and knows the heartaches of losing a furry family member.

And then my student/friend, Eiko-san brought over the Forget-me-nots from her garden for Vel.  I will plant those out by where we have buried Vel and hopefully I'll get them to grow each year.  So nice of my friends to make a fuss about my sweet kitty!
This is a photo I took on my iPhone this morning as I was standing at the crosswalk.  How is the quality?  I must admit that it is sure easier to slip out the iPhone and take a picture compared to bringing out my Olympus camera.  And I really don't feel that I can carry around that camera while I'm at the crosswalk as I AM on duty.  The iPhone can be pulled out and tucked away in my uniform pocket in a second or two.  In the distance was one of the walking groups heading through the rice fields from the residential area.  The rice field in the foreground is just beginning to be flooded so the tracks of the tractor are still visible.  Tomorrow morning the field will probably be all filled and look like a mirror on the landscape.

So that's my progress on the iPhone for today.  Does anyone know why I have to sign-in to Google's Blogger and Gmail and Google Drive each time I switch from computer to iPad to iPhone now?  It must have something to do with syncing but I don't understand that either...
 

4 comments:

  1. No matter what you figure out, it is going to change ... that is the only thing sure. Just look at it as something to keep your brain sharp ....and forget those stupid useless changes because the minute you get them figured out, they will change again! (By the way, I have seen people at quilt shows where no photos are allowed, sneaking shots on their keitai. well, the sign on the wall has a camera with a line through it and the guards don't seem to notice a sneaky cell user).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are having such a hard time with the iPhone technology. I don't have a smartphone of any kind so I can't help you. Hopefully one of your readers can answer your questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie from OregonApril 27, 2016 at 6:24 AM

    I am totally impressed that you got your pictures from your phone to your blog !!! and the picture quality is pretty good. check out this utube video, it might help, there are many more~~~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXBwDa1ohck

    We had a great mini tour of Japan, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of empathy ... but not much insight here, I'm aftraid. We have a desktop and an iphone5 and an ipad mini and a laptop ... none of which are "synced" and all of which do very puzzling things ... :) (R in KK)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.