Exploring it was, because there were nooks and crannies and interesting objects and a couple of art galleries and even a yarn shop. The books were both old/used books and news books. (And this is where I splurged and bought the Being Mortal book). There was a whole section of LP records and in the center of the high ceilinged room a concert stage was being set up.
At the entry to the book store was a very interesting three dimensional mural on the far wall made of... books. It looked like the colorful covers were draped opened on slats and coverless books were draped so that the white pages showed.
In one of the stairwells a flock of books taking off for other places.
And here we have words and pages unrolling from an old typewriter.
Most of the plants seemed to be planted in old radios, clocks and gutted appliances.
An interesting porthole of books at one bookshelf.
Takumi and Julieta.
An interesting tunnel and some of the books seemed to be movable though I hope surely not all... Pull out the wrong book and the whole thing would come tumbling down!
When we came to this room I finally realized that this was once a bank.
Really, one could get lost in here for the whole day.
Let's see... Where might I find that book... It has to be in here SOMEWHERE!
Super picture of your kids. I know your husband will enjoy and in 20 years so will your kids kids!!.
ReplyDeleteYou & I can have our own "Being Mortal" book club. I have it. but have yet to read it.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like the most wonderful place to spend an hour or 2. Will have to check "Being Mortal" out of the library.
ReplyDelete