"Okay. You can push the button... ...Look both ways! Right! Left! Right! Oudan! (you can cross!)"
I can just see in their eyes the surprise at being confronted by English at the school crosswalk.
"What is going to come at us next?!"
*****
Yesterday I took Choco to the vets to get a rabies shot. And I consulted with the vet about Vel's care... Yes, I could have brought Vel with me but I didn't want to have to make the decision to put him to sleep right then and there. I was given paste food that he may eat... but he probably will only lick at it. Today I am teaching English so he will be in a blanketed cage for a couple of hours and after that... well I guess I'll just hold him the rest of the evening. I need to get some embroidery out so that the two of us can have some constructive quiet time together.
*****
Yuma-kun called me this morning, before school! I guess he just wanted to make sure I was back now and to let me know he'd be over Thursday night. I am flattered that he keeps close tabs on me... for all his dislike of English study... And I guess that's what my schedule is for the next couple of days... Vel care, English teaching and crosswalk duty. And enjoying the warmer spring weather!
The official flower of Nikko City, the Katakuri flower... Japanese dog's tooth violet.
Katakuri blooms
ReplyDeleteHold hands, hold hearts, hold loves tight
Beautiful Still Life
Such a lovely haiku.
DeleteEnjoy time with Vel, he will be so aware of how you feel, and your closeness, maybe a gentle hand, or a murmuring word will be all he needs tonight. Beautiful spring flowers.
ReplyDeleteGood morning,Tanya,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see you are safely home.
Love and hugs,
Lois - going out to sea for another ten weeks....
Tanya, I know what a hard decision it is to make, but don't wait too long. When we moved to our daughters house her elderly cat bonded with me like no cat I had ever known. She sat on my lap and she stroked my face, she came to my sewing room and tapped me on the arm to get my attention. She even played but she was 14 years old and she soon began to fail and I am sorry to say we waited too long before having her put to sleep. When we realized she she had quit eating altogether, we made the decision but had to wait for q Monday appointment. By Sunday night she was obviously in pain and lay on the bathroom floor all night and cried. I cried too and I was so sorry we had not made our decision early enough when we realized the inevitable.
ReplyDeleteTanya, I know Vel is so precious to you, hold him close in his waning days. The Katakuri flower is so beautiful and delicate, thank you for sharing your part of world. Hugs from NC.
ReplyDelete