Friday, May 9, 2014

Group Basting

My patchwork friends and I had a fun day chatting, eating and doing a little sewing.  I also emptied my wallet by paying for a bolt of extra wide batting that Mrs. Furui ordered for me.  My bolts get used up so quickly... but I guess that means that someone (probably me) is making quilts in this house.
So between a lot of laughter and food, my friends and I did put the final borders on our Kitty Tales quilt for the bazaar this year and then settled down to baste.  Such a pleasant job with friends!
Many hands make for short work.
And the large Liberty quilt for the hospital was ready for basting also so we all got back down on the floor.

Mrs. Furui and I consulted about how we are going to quilt this.

"Let's keep this simple and do just Stitch-in-the-Ditch."

"I'm with you on the 'keep it simple' but is there any way that can be done in a continuous line?"

No matter how we traced we decided it can't be done in continuous stitching.  Oh well.  There is no deadline on this so we will take it slow AND keep it simple.
The ladies thought I was being very "American" (in a juvenile way) by lying on the quilt with my feet up in the air.

"Let me take your picture!  You are always taking ours!"

I've brought home the Liberty quilt so I'll be hand quilting that for the next week.

7 comments:

  1. You remind me that I have a quilt or two that I could baste tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute there on the floor!! The quilts are beautiful!

    ttfn :) Yuki

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are so pretty and so nice to get together and baste over laughter and chitchat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of all the quilting tasks, the best one to do in a group is the basting! What a happy occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed your friend's socks with all the toes!
    Nice to get 2 quilts basted....I love the Lynette Anderson one.
    Best regards from Gail in Wa State

    ReplyDelete
  6. I basted a quilt this morning and have an ice pack on my hand now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.