Thank you for the comments about the Batik quilt yesterday. It was unanimous that it should become a rectangle quilt so I cut more batiks, enough for 12 more squares, and hope that I can get them sewn this week. The designers call this pattern Bermuda Sunrise but I think I'll call mine Reflections. I like the way the dark and light blocks are symmetrical.
And another reason is because this season we have the most beautiful reflections surrounding us. Sorry... Another scenery post today.
I don't think Choco appreciates the scenery that she gets to walk through daily.
There are often one or two wild ducks floating on the flooded rice fields
You can see how none of the rice fields are very large... Unlike in some Asian countries, the paddies are basically square or at least of a shape so that the small tractors can maneuver easily. In another week, the fields will be filled with rows of rice sprouts. Already this morning I can hear the tractors revving their engines.
Whenever you look at the 'Reflections' quilt you will see the water filled rice paddies of your morning walk.
ReplyDeleteThose reflections are the most wonderful. Our son-in-law is in Kawasaki, 18km from Tokyo, he says it is a very busy place, had some train trips, so fast!!! Yes, more blocks will make the quilt a super good size.Cheers, Jean.
ReplyDeleteI think that reflections is a great name and so are your pictures.
ReplyDeleteReflections are great. Scenery pictures are always great; don't EVER apologize for them......hugs, Pat in IN
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your beautiful scenery pictures, Tanya! Choco is adorable!
ReplyDelete