Although I'm not much good at any sewing other than patchwork and quilting, together, Rumi-san and I got down to the nitty-gritty of making a cushion and put in a zipper to the piece she had been working on. The blue fabric is a beautiful Thai silk piece that I had which was a real bear to sew through but Rumi-san persevered with the applique and then with the machine quilting.
Rumi-san also finished her hand quilting on the New Testament quilt that has been in the making for a couple of years. A great finish there too!
Oops. I forgot to get a picture of Mrs. N. working very hard at free hand motion quilting her VERY large bed cover quilt. That is going to take a couple of months though so I'm sure I'll have another chance to photograph her hard work next month...
And for myself... well, my Reflections quilt is now a flimsy and ready for some basting. I hate to ask my patchwork friends to help me again with that job so I'll probably do it with boards later this week. Mrs. N didn't want to bother with crawling around on the floor or taking up all of the dining room table for basting her quilt so we SPRAY basted it! A costly way to do it but she splurged and we had her quilt basted within minutes. Tempting... Here is my flimsy down on the floor...
And up on my new design board. Just fits!
So pretty!
ReplyDeleteLove your quilt on your wall!! It will be a show-stopper on your bed. You inspire me to get busy!!
ReplyDeleteThe design wall seems to be working well. What fun to work with your friends and share their progress too.
ReplyDeleteLove your quilt. I need to make some more colorful quilts like this. Saved the photo of your quilt to my photo files so I would have a good reminder.
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is gorgeous! I might just break out my collection of batiks and start sewing with them. I have been looking for a good pattern to use. Guess what, your quilt inspires me! Thanks! I use spray basting all the time. Yes, it is expensive but so fast and easy, I always wash the quilt when it is done. I just don't want any glue residue left
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt! So cheerful and yet calm at the same time---how did you do that?! And what a blessing to have good friends to quilt with regularly. Annette in Sacramento
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finishes! So much love and hard work went into them! Your Reflections quilt is glowing with all those lovely colors..
ReplyDeleteOne of the prettiest quilts I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBeautifull
ReplyDelete