Friday, May 23, 2014

Recycling

Let's see.  I got quite a lot done yesterday morning.  I'm rather proud of my solution to my design board problem.
Remember my mini room renovation in March?  I had gotten rid of the paper screens in our Japanese room and put in curtains in hopes that the room would brighten up a bit.  Well, those screens were hauled upstairs and stacked against a wall waiting for someone to break them apart... or find a better use for them.  Well, I found a better use!
So here is a screen, it is pretty stained and the paper has claw marks on it.  I'm pretty sure the stains were from winter window condensations... not from a cat, so I left the paper as it...
I went out and bought 6 yards of flannel and sewed them together into two panels and yesterday I staple-gunned the panels to the back side of two of the larger screens.  On the other side (now the backside), the paper is recessed anyway and with a few nails hammered into the wall, the screens "rest" on the nails.  The two screens are not connected and they could be lifted down separately if needed (though I don't know why I'd need to).
Now I have a VERY large space to arrange my blocks...  I also have two smaller paper screens still stacked against the wall.  Hmmm...  How many design boards to I need?

10 comments:

  1. You can never have too many design walls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever! I think that is a perfectly wonderful solution to needs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful discards! Someday I hope to get a design wall again. I like those disappearing ones but they are expensive. Have fun with your generous wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most ingenious, you will love your design walls, and I concur with DD - you can never have too many design walls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The screens have come to a great use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. would your patchwork friends benefit from a Tanya made design panel?
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant solution! Yay - more design walls :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent solution! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need lots of design space.....the more the merrier. Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.