It was sort of fun to get to this stage. Machine applique (zig-zag) circles to a background block. CUT OUT a circle inside the applique line. Make SMALLER circles from the cut out fabric. And then interchange the smaller circles appliqueing them to larger circles. (And then cut out the fabric behind THOSE circles... but I don't know what I'm going to do with those yet.
Those bull's eyes alone look like they'd make a fair sized quilt but I'm not done yet.
I spent a few days making 4 patches.
Gyaa! All my hard work sewing those nice bull's eyes and now I've cut them into quarters! The plot thickens...
Stay tuned! (For a few more months...)
I can just imagine that quilt laid out with kids jumping from center to center like frogs on lily pads.
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be a real test of how much will power we all have, as we wait, and wait, and wait to see what those quartered bulls' eyes will turn into.Lovely curved stitching. Cheers,Jean
ReplyDeleteI like it either way. Right now I am designing a four patch quilt using a stack of pieces and parts given to me by a friend who was moving. It is fun to be creative and see something develop without a pattern.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can make yoyo's out of them and put them back in all those middles again? ;-)
ReplyDeleteLove how your quilt is evolving.
Kind greetings,
Ann
These are beautiful and I can't wait to see the end result. Love your fabrics/colors.
ReplyDeleteOoh intriguing! Looking forward to seeing more of this project. ☺
ReplyDelete