In past years (I've been at the kindergarten for 20 some years) I have made cookies for the kindergarten's Halloween (which in itself caused some problems because there are always children with allergies) but this year, what with the house renovations and a new oven (oh, I didn't tell you. I bought a new microwave/oven... so that I could cut down counter space... until now it has been one microwave and one oven) I bowed out of making cookies. Let's say, I did give it a minor effort, baking a batch of chocolate cookies, WHICH WERE A COMPLETE DISASTER BECAUSE THE COOKIE DOUGH MADE ONE BIG COOKIE SHEET OF COOKIE!!! I don't think I understand the temperature settings on my oven yet. And I really don't have the time or energy (or space!) to experiment.
So the kindergarten supplied all the treats and I just came dressed as a witch.
This year the children surprised ME by making paper bag masks! This was supposed to be a secret (but I was alerted to act surprised) and I was led into the hall with my eyes closed. One hundred some children quietly (but with many giggles) filed into the hall and at the count of three shouted, "BOO!"
This is me being surprised and scared!
After that little performance, the children went around getting treats from teachers and yours truly. And then they each had their picture taken with the witch. I am in hundreds and hundreds of kindergarten children's albums from 20 years back. I'll always be remembered as the Halloween witch at the kindergarten. (I can think of other things I'd rather be remembered by....)
"BOO!"
SO cute!!! You and the children!!!
ReplyDeleteTanya, love the expressions on your face in the different pictures. Great day, even tho I'm not a fan of Halloween. OH, yesterday I picked about 5-6 leaves from our little Gingko Tree, which is growing quite rapidly. I'm so happy to have a Mr. Ohki Tree in our yard!!!!! Hugs, Pat in IN
ReplyDeleteTanya, ,don't know if this post will show twice or not, but my mind is not doing well w/ the new way of keeping hackers out.....but I'll keep trying....the expressions on your face are priceless, just looking at the children!!! OH, I just picked about 6 leaves from our little Gingko Tree.......I love having a Shinzo Ohki Tree in our yard!!! Hugs, Pat in IN
ReplyDeleteJust be glad that Halloween isn't YOUR birthday! How would you like to be called "Witchy" by all your friends at school?... Or "Bones" and have everyone blowing at you as you walk down the hall?.At least by now, I am just "that old bat".
ReplyDeleteWhat great fun! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete