Leiya tanned up (got sunburned!) in the Dominican Republic.
...and then shared some big Korean shaved ice for dessert. (I think I'm checking my camera screen... Not taking a photo with the lens cap on!)
The walking area we just discovered by walking down a few blocks from Tony and Leiya's apartment. This was a wildlife reserve that they hadn't known about.
I went stalking a bird... He was very fast darting around the wetlands but once he settled he stayed for quite a long time as I snuck up on him.
A colorful swallow I think.
He is telling me that he sees me coming.
I got quite close before he flew off.
On the way home, Leiya picked grasses.
Leiya trying the sake that Tetsu had brought from Japan for Tony. I don't think she likes it.
"Good!" says Tony. "More for me!"
Such a good son!
Mother and daughter love to shop when we are together.
We stopped at a cupcake shop and ate cupcakes.
I think we tried five different types.
So much for my no-carb diet.
Early the next morning, Leiya took Tetsu and me to the airport. A few tears in our eyes...
It was a wonderful trip!
The flight home was long (a fourteen hour flight!) but so worth it!
And here we come into sight of Japan... Look at all those sections of flooded rice fields! Home Sweet Home.
Thank you for taking this very LONG blog trip with us!

Thank you so very much for sharing this special trip. I have so enjoyed reading your posts and seeing all the photos. A beautiful wedding and wonderful side trip stories. All best wishes to your entire family.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your trip. I enjoyed it very much.
ReplyDeleteThank you for including us :)
ReplyDeleteGod bless the pair of them in their life together x
Thank you for sharing all the fun on your trip! What a wonderful family time for you! Enjoy the memories now that you are home. I've always felt good to be home but sorry to see the time with my family end - then I look forward to the next adventure.
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed reading about your travels, especially the family times and Leiya and Tony's wedding. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for taking us all along through this very special trip. Loved reading about it. Sending best wishes & congratulations to you and your family. It all took place about 4 hours from my home and when you went to Niagara Falls you were about and hour and a half from me. Maybe someday when you visit we can meet.
ReplyDeleteThank you for inviting your readers to the wedding and the side trips. I'm sure it is also good to be home again.
ReplyDeleteWhat a special trip with your beautiful family! Thank you for taking us along. How wonderful! Love and hugs from Ohio.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful trip! Thank you for showing us everything you did. How fantastic that you both could be there for all those special events. Leiya looks positively radiant. I hope she and Tony have much happiness ahead. Now to get working on that signature quilt! Can't wait to see how it turns out.
ReplyDeleteThank YOU for sharing your trip and good times with us. It's been lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely wedding, great photos too! My daughter is also getting married this year - but with a lot less planning required - I just have to finish 'that quilt' for her and her hubby to be!
ReplyDeleteThank you SO much for generously sharing your trip with us. I enjoyed every bit of it!
ReplyDeleteTanya, thank you so very much for sharing your family, your trip and your love with us. You have such a wonderful family and your heart is so filled with love--it is wonderful for you to share it with your readers.
ReplyDeleteSincerely, Helen
Thanks for sharing all of these photos and telling us about all the things you saw and did. I've enjoyed your trip with you!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful trip, thanks for take us with you
ReplyDeleteQue hermosa experiencia compartida con tus lectores, gracias Tany