Friday, November 9, 2018

My first evening in Michigan

My week in the Detroit area was scheduled to the full...  Lots of wedding dress shop salon appointments, a venue appointment, meeting Tony's family for the first time, cake tasting.... etc. etc. All the things that I've dreamed of for a wonderful mother-daughter bonding experience.
Leiya and I haven't been together for about a year and a half though of course we chat often through the iPhone.  She had moved to Detroit in late April to be with Tony and this was the first time for me to see their apartment and the area of Detroit.  Detroit was cold!  (I was expecting that...) 
The autumn leaves were GORGEOUS!!  Oh, I so love autumn!
The apartment complex was large but had such a nice community feel and I thought Leiya and Tony's apartment quite adequate is size.
Leiya's decorated it with fairy lights.  Tony has his own computer corner.
On the wall of the bedroom is the quilt I made for Leiya when she was in college.  A couple of the quilts I've made for Tony and for both of them seemed to be being used in the living room. 
Artwork and flowers on the wall...
More artwork and flowers on the side table.
And flowers and amenities for me set out in the bathroom...  A T-shirt, towels to use, soft socks.
Tony was already busy cooking dinner when we got home from the airport.  Isn't he going to be a great husband!
Brussels sprouts for dinner from Trader Joe's.  I've never seen them on the stalk like that!

One of the first things Tony did for me was to go out that evening and buy me cough syrup as I was still sniffling and coughing after my trip.  I gave up on the mask though.

After a chat with Tetsu letting him know I'd arrived safely in Detroit, Leiya and I got down to planning for the following week.  And that was how Thursday ended. 

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to America! It has gotten colder here too, and I imagine it is colder in Detroit. Those leaves are so pretty with so many different colors in one place. Leiya has decorated her apartment so nicely, and seems to have found a good match with Tony. Enjoy your bonding experience and I hope the wedding preparations go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that you and Leiya only had a week to do all that wedding planning. Sounds like you had a very packed week. Hope you got to feeling better during your time in Detroit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love.this.post! The quilt you made for Leiya looks so good by the bed. All they are missing is a cat. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Michigan! Up in my corner of the state we got about 4 inches of snow on Friday. Hope you have a much nicer weather report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you enjoyed your time with your daughter! Hope you felt better as the week went on. I, too, never know how brussels sprouts grew - until I grew them. I had to laugh that I thought there was something wrong with how they grew!
    Hope all is well with your family in California. The reports on the fires there are scary.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.