Sunday, November 18, 2018

Last days in Detroit

I'm winding up my account of my Detroit visit... 

Tuesday, Tony was on duty at the hospital all night so we had to say goodbye to each other early in the day.... 
BUT!  I tried my best to be a good future Mother-in-Law by making him an obento for his evening meal in the hospital.
A lot of left-overs there in his obento but I was working in an unfamiliar kitchen (Leiya needs new cookingware!!!) and without my usual condiments.  ("What!  You don't have sesame oil?!"
We had a good lunch before taking a tour of the Detroit Medical Center.
 A big hospital complex.
The gardens of the hospital are beautiful enough that this could even be a place to have a wedding!
Inside was like a maze...
Leiya and I spent the rest of the day discussing wedding ideas and then we had dinner with Tony's family (without Tony!)  We also did a bit more dress shopping for me and I found a possible dress though it is rather an autumn color... 
The next morning Leiya dropped me off at the airport before she headed for work and I spent a few quiet hours reflecting on my visit and exploring the airport... 
Um...  Is that a Pandora shop right there in the airport?  And is that a Michigan Pandora bead?  I guess I've got to have it as a reminder of my trip and as I have a California bead representing where Takumi lives I surely need a bead representing where Leiya lives too!

2 comments:

  1. They just announced David's Bridal is filing for a restructuring bankruptcy. They say they will complete all orders and keep stores open but keep an eye on it carefully. https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/national/david-s-bridal-planning-to-file-for-bankruptcy Ana usa

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a blessed guy to be marrying into your family and having a mother-in-law like you. That bento box looks delicious. So nice that you found that Michigan charm.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.