Thursday, November 8, 2018

Flying to Detroit.

I've been away for a week and had a fully packed schedule the whole time!  I took my computer with me to Detroit thinking that I might find a couple of minutes each day to blog or at least check in but I never seemed to have any time when I was alone to even take my computer out of my suitcase.  I am now back in Japan.
I took the bus to the airport on November 1st rather than have Tetsu drive me there.  It is a three hour trip to the airport and as we now have John to think about, I decided it was easier for all of us if I just said goodbye at the bus stop.  I was still coughing from the cold I had caught earlier in the week and decided to be very Japanese and wear a mask on the airplane to keep from spreading germs and also to ease throat dryness from the cabin air.  This is probably the only time you will see me wearing a mask...
 Flying direct to Detroit on Delta!
I arrived at the airport quite a bit ahead of schedule and went up to the airport viewing deck to watch the planes take off and land.
I found it fascinating to see if I could time my pictures just as the planes passed me and headed into the sunlight and it took me a good 7 or 8 tries (like an hours' worth of photographing) to get the timing right.  There is a wide variation of where the pilots begin lifting off the tarmac and the angle of the ascent into the sky.
I had an evening flight out and spent 12 hours in the air...
 ...finally arriving in Detroit Metropolitan Airport. 
A very easy (and long) flight. 
Not long after I arrived Leiya pulled in to the airport loading zone.  My Michigan adventure had begun!
 

3 comments:

  1. Home and away and home again, hope you are a heap better now, and look at your darling girl waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to hearing about the rest of your week!!!! Glad you are home safe and sound!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.