The scarf that I was knitting got finished some time ago. Just in time to get put it away for the season... The pattern was a beautiful one with beading but I couldn't find yarn fine enough to add beads nor could I find beads large enough to have yarn fed through them. I have a feeling the yarn and beads need to be ordered from wherever the pattern originated.
Ah well... Just to see if it could be done I persevered without the beads making it a nice scarf but not outstanding.
Another project I just had to try was this Star Stitch Tote. Free pattern found here. This was crocheted with twine which was interesting to work with. The star stitch took a few trials and errors but I think I got it down pat. I went ahead and lined this and put in a stiff base as I didn't like the sloppy look of the first final results. The sewing of the lining gave me more trouble than the crochet did!
Like the scarf, the only reason I made this was to see if it could be done... not because I need another bag! That was fun!
And today is April 30th so it is time for me to send another fabric postcard off to my mother. Birds on a line or branch or something.
Small projects but it feels good to get them done.
The scarf is beautiful, the bag is useful, but the birds are tuneful!!! They are my pick for today, this is another bright and loving postcard.
ReplyDeleteYour knitting and crocheting patterns look very complicated to me - I can see how appealing the challenges must have been to you.
ReplyDeleteYour mother will be delighted with the birds on a wire.
Looking forward to more small projects.
Wow how beautiful - the scarf looks so soft, and the purse is just darling, love that stitch! The birds are amazing, I love them, I know your mum will too!!!
ReplyDeleteAll lovely items. Who needs beads on a scarf anyway? ;-)
ReplyDeleteDear Tanya, I am a longtime blog reader for about 5-6 years. I encourage you to keep blogging just as your are doing. For many reasons. I am a Japanese American Christian in the San Fran Bay Area and a quilter. I can’t tell you how uplifting your humility and real-ness is. I am attempting to blog myself... jewels to jewels.blogspot.com.
ReplyDelete