Tetsu and I went looking for something at the hardware store, and there was a wonderful display of planted flowers with cute decorations for $10 each. So pretty.
"I think I want that one." I said pointing to a pot and calling a worker over.
"Oh no, ma'am. These are for display. You MAKE your own pot of flowers at this corner..."
"Do you mean the planter is included? And the soil? And the flowers? AND the cute decorations?"
"Yes, everything is included. You get to pick out five flowers from our flats here."
Well, this seemed like a bargain to me as the worker was also going to stand next to me and explain how to plant my flowers. So I paid my $10 and was handed a pair of plastic gloves and given a choice of a brown planter or a white planter. And then I was instructed in shoveling a layer of stones at the bottom of the planter and then a layer of soil. I picked out my five flowers (which took a long time and Tetsu went off to other parts of the hardware store) and the worker gave me instructions for trimming the overgrown roots and opening up the root bundles a bit.
After I was satisfied with my flower placement I was given a bowl of gardening decorations of which I could choose two. Of course I chose cats.
My new pot of flowers at the front door! I am so pleased with it I want to go back and make more... even though I now know the basics of planting flowers on my own.
A cat or two makes the plants smile as well.lovely idea to choose plants, planter, and decoration.
ReplyDeleteYour planter is very pretty. I love the cat decoration you chose. I wish they had something like that around here, I also have a brown thumb. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way for the store to sell plants. You just might get hooked and come back to buy more pots and more plants and a bag of rocks and one of potting soil. Did they coach you about which plants like sun or shade so you could pick ones that have the same needs?
ReplyDeleteWow what a bargain - well done Tanya!!!
ReplyDeleteadorable!
ReplyDeleteThat is a great price for the experience, the convenience, the pretty flowers and other material and the expertise!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet planter for your front steps. I'm sure it will thrive for you.
ReplyDelete