Monday, October 26, 2015

No race

I really wish I could spend some time up in the sewing room working on my donation quilt.  I wanted to take it to Mrs. Furui's on Friday for her to give to the Ronald McDonald House when she next goes... but that's not going to happen this week...
Instead I spent some time putting on borders and machine quilting my friends' mini-quilts... and these  two can be handed back today...  It feels good to have those finished as I have another two quilts (large ones) coming to me on Friday to machine quilt.
But the Nine Patch Split sits all alone in a corner waiting to make the trip to the Ronald McDonald House.  The quilting was finished sometime last week but I have yet to find a block of time to sew the binding on and then it will take a couple of evenings to hand sew the binding down...  I do like to brag and show off my quilts at the monthly patchwork gatherings and if it's not done this week there will be another month's delay.

Too bad.  Other things get in the way and it isn't a race to begin with... 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, get to that binding. The quilt is calling

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mini quilts. are they McKenna Ryan's patterns? Never mind if everything is not done in the time you hope for, always another tomorrow or next month.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.