However, the kindergarten and the pre-school like to have a Halloween game time and every year I dress up as a friendly witch. 20 some years ago I made a long dress with a Halloween themed vest and I've added pipe-cleaner spider earrings and a felt bat brooch to my costume...
This year the pre-school provided me with a pumpkin and Tetsu carved it for me (saving the pumpkin seeds for Yuma-kun to plant as requested). On Monday I donned my Halloween outfit and manned with homemade cookies visited the pre-school. The school is small and the teachers go all out with simple costumes for the kids to dress up in.
I had to ask what these children were trying to be... They were wearing pointed black garbage bags... supposedly a well known Japanese ghost... Okay...
And can you recognize Baymax?
After I finished at the pre-school I went on over to Tetsu's Day Service Center and greeted the people there and generally did silly things to make them laugh.
My hat (with hanging bead spider) got put on people's heads and the shimmery cape was draped over shoulders and there was a lot of gaiety among everybody.
This lady is 101 years old and she smiled and cackled as Tetsu took her picture! Happy Halloween!
I love the pumpkin Tetsu carved. The smell of fresh pumpkins takes me back to when I trick or treated.
ReplyDeleteSometimes people gave pennies!
With Halloween coming on Saturday, it was a big day in Tokyo with parades and parties. And it isn't just little kids putting on the costumes either ... older people and even dogs in designer costumes. My, how they love to dress up ... the more outlandish the better.
ReplyDeleteHow very sweet! I love it! your outfit is darling and your visits to school and to the elderly are fantastic. :) Happy Halloween!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen as many kids dressed up for trick-or-treating as I have this year. In a park in Tokyo's Shibuya district someone had organized changing booths and make-up tables so that the teenagers would not occupy the loos at stations and department stores. Orange halloween litter bags were handed out so people could take home their garbage.
ReplyDelete