We used to come to this park quite often when our children were little... Someplace I have photos of Takumi and Leiya and their kindergarten friends when we had a picnic next to the cosmos fields.
Deep purple, light pink, white, yellow. So many different kinds of cosmos.
"Now which flower out of all these should I photograph?"
One lone pink bush in a field of white cosmos
This was an interesting type of cosmos... the petals were like little trumpets.
Trying to get a look inside a trumpet...
Here was another blossom that stopped many photographers... The inner petals were frilled.
Ahh. I found that old photo... Now the children in the foreground are all 30 years old! And both babes in moms' arms are 26! How time flies! The cosmos don't change much...

Cosmos may not change and neither do you.
ReplyDeleteCosmos put on a grand show at this time of the year. I have never seen the fancy-petal type.
ReplyDeleteStrange how those kids get older and older and WE never do.
A few years ago we planted some cosmos,maybe from seed,in a narrow long bed in the garden, the next year tried other flowers, the cosmos took over, following year planted tomatoes, thinned cosmos galore, this year have planted beetroot, and yes, you are right, cosmos up again. I love your photos, and maybe different varieties. Super photo from the past.
ReplyDeleteAlways enjoy your photography, Tanya, especially the flowers. The cosmos are awesome!!! Amazing how the kids grow and change.....and we age, but the flowers stay the same.....Big hugs, Pat in IN
ReplyDelete