Not one of my greatest cards though I do like the background fabric.. It is heavier than most of my fabrics but it still served the purpose... I wish I could have gotten the direction right all over but it is basically upright...
*******************************
My loops aren't very uniform as I didn't mark them at all... I figured I could get six loops into each arc. And sometimes I crowded myself out... Ah well. In the overall look of things it is satisfactory.
BUT WAIT!!! I said ALMOST quilted! You will notice that there are TWO quilted tops there lying side by side. There's not supposed to be a divide... Those two need to turn into one. The quilt was just getting too big for me to maneuver in my little domestic machine so I took it apart and quilted up two pieces. And now the big job will be to sew those two pieces into one. A lot of matching up of seams, some ripping out of quilted loops as they are too close to the seam allowance. I have done this before but before was able to leave the seam allowance path clear of quilting. Not this time. I had to quilt right up to the edge to keep my loopy rhythm. I'll hand baste that seam when I can get at it and then sew it up and then connect the batting and finally the backing. AND THEN I'll re-quilt what I've torn out.
With time and patience I can do this!
Your quilt is very pretty, I like the scrappiness of it. And you are sooo good at quilting and coming up with ideas how to quilt!!! The circles are great! The tulip on the postcard is cute, our tulips won't bloom for several weeks yet. This is good because it is nice to still have them grow but not nice because it still will be cold for a while. Good and bad! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to try to machine quilt!
ReplyDeleteFor not marking, those loops look quite uniform. Nice job! You are really gaining skill and confidence at making that machine behave.
ReplyDeleteI love the way you quilted this; those circles really stand out.
ReplyDeleteGrrr... I hate to rip out quilting. Praying for your patience, your quilt will be lovely when joined. The tulip card is adorable.
ReplyDeleteLove your postcard!!! Very sweet. And I love the quilting you're doing, perfect for that quilt!
ReplyDeleteI love your postcard! I've never seen a fabric one before. I love your quilt also! You girl have a lot of patience to put the two quilts back together like that. I don't think I could do that.
ReplyDelete