Saturday, April 11, 2015

Choco's homestay family

Poor Choco doesn't get featured much on my blog...  She has usually gotten so dirty rolling in the mud that I'm embarrassed to show her.   And she won't really stay still when we are out on a walk.  When she is in the house every evening she is in her kennel and that isn't particularly photogenic either.

But last week I gave Choco a good bath so that she could go for a homestay visit while Tetsu and I went up to Morioka and Matsushima.  Choco's favorite people in the whole world are Mr. and Mrs. Yano.  They live on the other side of the forest from us, across from a couple of rice fields.  On the few occasions that Choco has escaped, she will make a beeline for the Yanos' house as she knows she will be greeted with a lot of petting and treats too!  One call from Mrs. Yano and Choco will tear off in that direction.  The ONLY time I can drop Choco's leash and let her run free is when Mr. or Mrs. Yano is in sight as I know Choco will make a joyful dash to them.

On this morning Mr. Yano was out in his fields caring for his greens that he takes to the nearby outdoor vegetable market.  Mrs. Yano came out to help him carry baskets of greens just as Choco, Tetsu and I were coming home from a walk.
 "Choco!"

Choco went tearing off to Mrs. Yano.
"Choco!"

Back Choco went to Mr. Yano who had stepped out of his hot house.

"Choco!"

Choco made a U-turn for Mrs. Yano again.  That's one way to exercise a dog!
"Whew!  I'm tired!  Anybody got water?"

6 comments:

  1. Choco, your close-up photo can be on any calendar or magazine page. So glad your stay went super-well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter in Boston found a kennel that would come for Nikko and return her upon our return. When Paul called to extend her stay by one more day, they were full of praise for her good behavior and quiet friendly manners. Years before we had a house-sitter come here. Those are the only times she has been left and I think it was harder on me than on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE that last image! :) Our dogs sure do know who the good people are, don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so reassuring to have neighbors like yours to leave your pets with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is Choco bilingual, understanding both English & Japanese words/commands?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Choco is smart !! Cannot resist a doggy post ... I'm in Miyagi-Ken and missing our doggy. (R in 神奈川県)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.