This is the sight that greets me every time I step out of the forest... a whole 30 seconds from my front door. It is the same photo as that header on my blog that I haven't figured out how to change in two years... You can see the tracks from how the tractor gets in and out of the flooded field.
From another angle. The nanohana are in full bloom around here!
The other day Tetsu said to me,
"Well, we're coming into your favorite season of the year, Tanya."
Hmmm. I had always thought of autumn as my favorite season but it is true that absolutely fall in love with Japan again in this slim period between when the farmers flood their rice fields and when they plant their rice sprouts. I feel like I'm living on top of a mirror!
A nothing factory in the distance (that I wasn't happy about when it was being built). It looks pretty good reflected in the water.
This house is a beauty nestled there near their own private forest with all the colorful bushes in front.
Okay... so this is an everyday photo. I like seeing the sparkling dew drops in the grass.
I took this photo to show the temperature difference in the early morning. Mist rises off the flooded fields where the water is being freshly pumped from a well. Though I didn't see him, I think the farmer must have been out here even earlier than me and started pumping water into his field. The warmer underground water hits the cold early morning air.
And here is a shed containing the pump and a gush of water coming into the field.
And this is going back into the forest... my house is behind those hot houses. Don't you love the way the scudding clouds reflect in the water! Choco and I were back home before 6:00 and Tetsu greeted us (me) with a pot of coffee.
"Why didn't you come back to bed when you realized you were an hour early?"
"Hayaoki ha sanmon no toku. Waking up early brings three coins of profit."
I've learned my Japanese proverbs.
You got more than three coins worth of beautiful pictures by rising early! Thank you for letting us join in your walk.
ReplyDeleteI sure wish I had such a lovely place to walk. All our fields have been turned into fields of apartment buildings.
ReplyDeleteThat superb reflection, worthy of being published in any magazine,, and I, too, like the early mornings best of all.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I especially like those dew drops. And I love the proverb!
ReplyDeleteLovely walk! And, to change that photo: Click on DESIGN; Click on LAYOUT; (see the header area?) Click on EDIT in the header area and the photo you want to change will be in there. Not that I dislike the photo....far from it. But a change is as good as a rest, as my grandmother used to say. Many happy walks.....
ReplyDelete