Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pet pictures

Hmmm.  It seems like I'm busy but I'm not really getting much done...  Lots of errands to do today.

Let's see... how about some cat pictures.  Here is Toi on the veranda ledge.  Last week he fell off the roof and I found him in the forest.  I think Toi wasn't aware of how slippery the roof can get with the rain and frost and he just jumped onto the roof and slipped off.  None the worse for the experience.

Toi rarely gets featured on my blog just because he is kept away from everyone else.  He is such a bully and not much of a thinker.  Toi sees a cat and he attacks.  He seems to have a preference for Patora and so they live together either in the cat house outside or now in Takumi's old bedroom with cushions and climbing places.  I don't think Patora is too thrilled with the arrangements,

"He may like me, but I don't especially like HIM!"

but she has her own issues with Chip.  Ah the trials of trying to figure out cat psychology...

Here is Vel claiming a place on my quilting hoop.  I don't get much quilting done because I hate to disturb him.  Vel is very happy with Toi banned to other rooms.  When they were together Vel basically lived under the sofa.  Now in his old age he can get love and rule over the rest of the cats (and try out quilts).

And here is Choco looking cold.  Poor Choco's yard doesn't get much light and she is waiting for the sun to hit her area.  Look at all those collars she has around her neck.  The chain collar is for when we go walking.  The red collar keeps her attached to her wire lead... and the black collar keeps her from slipping the red one off.  If I make a mistake and attach the lead to the wrong collar then off she goes across the fields!

2 comments:

  1. At one point I had cats that couldn't get along and I put them all in a wire cat cage... two sleeping shelves and litter box in the bottom. They were forced to stay there and work it out ... and somehow, they did. Well, I did that with my kids too when they were having a disagreement. Go to one room and stay there until everyone is satisfied. It must have worked because they are all the best of friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tell my students that the tension in a quilting hoop should be like a cat has slept in it! Not many actually have an actual cat to perform this task for them...Aren't you lucky!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.