Saturday, May 16, 2009

More blocks

I think I have a obsessive/compulsive personality or something. When I start something, I can't stop. Yesterday, even though it was Saturday, Tetsu had to work and he even had to stay overnight so that meant that I had a day to myself and I didn't even need to worry about cooking dinner. Sooooo. Up to the sewing room I went to work on a few more blocks for the Australian quilt.

You can't believe all the stuff I can pull out from the drawers! But I had so many lovely hand dyed fabrics (many from Thelma and Liz) that once I started I didn't want to stop! I was continuing along the lines of what animals I knew and so I chose a crocodile and a frog from the original patterns. But some of the others... I was at a loss. Why limit myself to animals? Why not a few flowers in this quilt?

I went to the Internet to check out just WHAT flowers were in Australia and I did find two that I could recognize and seemed tropical and at least in the Australian tourist website there is Bird of Paradise and Plumeria. I designed my flower squares as best I could but I'm not sure they are accurate...

While I was online. I even looked at dragonflies to see what they really looked like (I have dragonflies around here but I never look at them closely when they are in flight.) I think a dragonfly is a good companion for the frog...

Now to get to the applique! All those flower petals may drag me down. I wasn't thinking too far ahead when I designed these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.