Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Goals

I've been doing quilting and appliquing as the mood takes me. Sometimes 30 minutes of applique on the Great Aussie quilt, then switch to 30 minutes or so of quilting on the Feathered Star quilt. Tetsu questions my concentration ability.

"Why don't you just do one thing until you finish?"

Because I'm not close to finishing either one and when they BOTH get finished it will seem like they magically got done. (Do you understand that logic? I don't know if I do either.)

Yesterday I went to the kindergarten and was presented with a large bag from Mrs. Furui. My turn for quilting on the bazaar quilt! Rats. I thought Mrs. Harada had taken it for a month but it turns out she was in the area so she finished her turn and passed it along... So now I have it for a week. No more quilting on my own quilt! And a further look in the bag revealed one of the Round Robins had found its way to my house too so I'm up for putting something on that quilt too.

I wrote down what sort of things I have lined up in the handwork department for today.

  1. Bazaar quilt -- stitch in the ditch quilting







  2. Aussie quilt -- more applique. This is just too much fun and besides Mrs. Ochiai is coming over tomorrow to start working on hers so I want to get as far along as possible.


  3. Round Robin -- I don't even know what I'm supposed to do with this! Is the next step applique or embroidery or what? I'll have to check that this morning. This is not coming out quite as I expected it. So far there is absolutely NO continuity in what the eight participants have put together. I'm sort of wondering about our group's designing skills...


  4. Neenie's Garden -- coloring. This is the Faux Applique and I've promised to color another block this week.








  5. Feathered Star quilt -- quilting, quilting, quilting.





  6. Pants -- This is just thrown in because someone loaned me their sewing pattern and I was planning to use some cheap fabric to see if I could really make clothes. I need to return the pattern before I lose it so I should try my hand at sewing up those.
At 30 minutes for each project, I'm going to stay busy until lunchtime just getting one round done. I'd better get sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry. I'm having more hacker problems and have had to go to comment moderation.