I'm not so sure I'm bright and happy about this quilt though... I've made it before and because I loved it so much I decided to make it again, but I'm not thrilled with my fabric choices this time... There's not enough contrast between the two colors and it is a rather garish cotton-candy pink. Why I chose this pink, I don't know but there it is... I'm hoping I'll find some little girl who likes cats and pink to give this to... Sigh...
While the previous quilt might not have been successful, look at this one!!! This was made by M-san over the last month and as Leiya had been visiting, M-san and I hadn't had a chance to do any sewing together nor could I give advice etc. I had a box of half-square triangles that had been sitting around my sewing room for ages and when I asked M-san if she wanted them she leapt at the offer. She had said she needed to make a baby quilt for her brother and we were actually going to start thinking about that AFTER Leiya went back to the States but instead M-san turned the box of half-square triangles into a baby quilt!
She texted me once about quilting designs and I'd said I'd think about it and get back to her but within a day or so she texted again that she had decided on a clover and flower design. Will you look at that gorgeous quilting job she did!!!
The back is just as lovely as the front!!! M-san has sure become an expert at machine quilting!
As her quilting teacher, I'm just as proud as can be! She has become a quilter under her own efforts and skill and I'm pretty sure she can handle just about anything without much help from me. To think! I've mentored someone new to patchwork and quilting and in three or four years she can do such awesome work now! She is going to be one of the young quilters who will pass on the art to others!
Hoorah to M-san for another excellent finish.
ReplyDeleteCan any of your pencils or paints be used on fabric (permanently)? I've seen postings where quilters have added color in this manner.
Oh, well done to M-san! And as for the pink - I'm absolutely sure that somewhere there will be a cat-crazy girl who loves pink !
ReplyDeleteM-san has an amazing skill! And kudos to you for helping to nurture it!
ReplyDeleteI like your pink quilt and surrely some little girl will love it, too!
ReplyDeleteM-San's HST baby quilt is wonderful and and I amazed at her machine quilting skill! Applause, applause! Well done to her treacher, too!
Hugs!
M-san's quilt is wonderful. I love the quilting. Tanya, you have all the right to feel proud of your student. Under your guidance and inspiration, M-san is certainly blossoming.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to what quilt adventures you are off to.
Queenie
I like what M-San did with your blocks. I like the design and her machine quilting is great. She did a wonderful job and you have been a great teacher and mentor. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteM-san is quite an accomplished quilter! Her use of the HSTs is very creative and her quilting designs are awesome. Both M-san and you should be proud of her accomplishments.
ReplyDeleteM-San has the gift! I love how she placed the HST in such creative ways. I like your pink with the black and white quilt.
ReplyDelete