We went down the mountain to the temples and shrines of Nikko which is a must visit area for people in our prefecture and even people coming from Tokyo.
The shrines and temples butt up against each other and it is hard to tell one from the other (well, the architecture gives them away) and it is the home of the famous See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil monkey carvings.
I wasn't up for all the walking so we let Tony and Leiya and Luka explore on their own while Tetsu and I enjoyed a coffee shop.
Toshogu is the shrine...
Rinnouji is the temple.
And there is a beautiful bridge that we always photograph when we go past.
And in this case, which I sketched.
Of course, the scenery that greets us at home is almost as beautiful as the Nikko trip to the mountains and lakes and river!
The rice fields have been planted.
everything looks beautiful - beautiful family and your drawings are wonderful, I wish I could sketch and paint as you do
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful family photos! You have such a beautiful family. These images will be even more valuable in years to come. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely pictures of the beautiful area near wh your home!. Love your sketches, too.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Your sketches are coming along, aren't they!
ReplyDelete