We made a error however, by leaving some of our suitcases at Takumi's house (because the rental car wouldn't hold everything) and realized that our wedding finery was an hour and a half away from us. No way to go back and get it, and no way (the roads were so bad) for Takumi to come to our AirBnb and deliver it and no place for us to change at the venue (which Leiya had scoped out for us at the rehearsal the day before.) We ended up meeting Takumi and Julieta and our suitcase at a Target parking lot and Tetsu changed in the car and I changed in a Target bathroom!
But we made it... though I'm afraid I don't remember the name of the venue.
Leiya was in the wedding party but she had set out dress clothes for Luka and Tony had found a nearly matching hat and bow tie so that he and Luka could be look-alikes.Takumi played "doorman".Julieta and I sat and enjoyed ourselves... and for the next few hours Tetsu played photographer as he couldn't talk with anyone anyway and he found lots to photograph. (More than 800 photographs!)
No photos allowed during the actual ceremony but the pastor (whom I later discovered I'd known when Takumi and Leiya had gone to vacation Bible school in California when they were in grade school!) waited for the wedding party under a huge oak tree.A nice touch was that Justin (the groom) came down the long walkway with both his mother and father and Kiana also was escorted by both my brother and Marcy.
And here we are after the ceremony.Colin, my nephew, and Leiya were paired.My brother and Marcy.I was so happy to see my brother looking so good as he has had health problems.Greeting everyone on the patio right after the wedding. You will notice my brother is smiling throughout most of this day! He is known for his grumpy look but his happiness overflowed. I was told that he and I are more and more looking like each other in our old age!Luka made a splash in his dandy outfit.
The wedding party. Kiana has always been a sort of goth gal and she wanted her wedding in black and dark purple. (And I'd made her a black quilt which was a good choice.)
With the parents. Three years ago when Leiya got married, Justin traveled back to Michigan with my brother's family for Leiya's wedding and he did most of the driving when we went to Indiana and Niagra Falls so Tetsu and I felt like we'd really gotten to know him. I'm so glad that he has joined our family and I let his parents know it!My children all together.There were so many people to meet and talk to. I was happy to find old friends and make new ones, but it was just nice to spend time with family too.It got cold as the evening progressed so us gals all put on coats that (except for Julieta) didn't do much for style.I so love this photo of Takumi and Julieta!There was dancing.
My brother was still smiling!A bonfire.Some wild Latin dancing. I didn't know Takumi could dance!
A crazy photo booth.Finally a photo with the bride.
Father and son.
Last photo: You two are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteYour grandson is adorable!! Family can be so very heart warming. :)
ReplyDelete:) Linda
Wonderful, precious pictures - especially of your family. I love the donut display at the dessert table.
ReplyDeleteTetsu , you are the most handsome man there!!! And out of all the couples , the last photo is the very best.Tanya, so glad you both could travel safely and enjoy all the festivities.
ReplyDeleteOh, Tanya, so wonderful to see these photos and read more about your trip.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Helen Burdette, Kent, Ohio
息子さんのご結婚おめでとう㊗️素敵な式ですね。
ReplyDeleteThat was a beautiful wedding. Loved seeing your family together. I'm sure your heart was full of love having both your children, spouses, and grandchild together. Again, Luka is so cute! In past pictures, I've never seen your brother dressed up or smile. He is a handsome man....when he smiles. I mentioned it before but Tanya I really like your hair style. It shows off your lovely face and neck. I'm happy for Tetsu and you that it has been such a nice trip. Will your heart ache a little when you get back to Japan? Two of our sons are out of state and one lives 4 hours away. I always feel a little melancholy when they leave for home. I can't help but miss them. Have a blessed happy time that you have left in Ca.
ReplyDeleteWhat JOY! Thank you for sharing this glorious day!
ReplyDeleteHugs - Barbar Anne
What a wonderful day for you all!
ReplyDeleteThis is so heartwarming. Weddings are wonderful. How wonderful for your brother too that you could be there! The photos are so special. Oh and I really had to chuckle about the changing into dress clothes at Target situation. Minor hiccups like that always seem to happen on wedding days!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos and a great story to start the show!!!!
ReplyDeleteThose were beautiful pictures. So glad that you and Tetsu were able to go to the wedding and spend time with your children and grandchild. Again I must say that Luka is just so cute. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThe wedding looks wonderful.... How special you could go and enjoy the time with your family......
ReplyDeleteSo good to see for yourselves that your children are settled and happy. And to see your brother smiling !
ReplyDelete