Indianapolis Airport was a wonderful relaxing place though and we quietly enjoyed a Chick-Fil-A breakfast sandwich and coffee while we waited.
A cute photo op.And then Leiya and Luka arrive!!!Our first view of Luka in person!
He weathered the two hour trip in his car seat to Indianapolis and within minutes we were headed back to home!You would think that being stuck in the back seat of a car with a "stranger" (me) sitting next to him for two hours or so, would mean a lot of crying and tears from Luka but actually he was very patient, looking curiously at me, accepting a bottle or snacks or the handing back and forth of toys and pacifier. Luka never once slept and though he got tired the last 15 minutes, basically I went through my repertoire of finger plays and English songs that I've taught in kindergarten and pre-school and Luka laughed and pointed out "cars" to me. (His favorite word.)
Leiya's pretty little house in Indiana.Tony got back home from work not long after we arrived and Luka got fed and I spilled out the contents of our suitcases which were mostly filled with quilts and photo albums. We have taken this opportunity to hand over most of Leiya's baby albums and yearbooks and she can do with them as she wishes.
Pointing out baby pictures to Luka.I had brought this wooden block puzzle for Luka but we quickly determined that even the adults had trouble figuring out how to put it back together! Tony working on the puzzle before handing it over to Leiya and then to me... (The quilt there in the back is a signature quilt that I made after collecting the signed quilt blocks at their wedding three years ago.)And this is only day 1!
My heart is melting 🙂❤️
ReplyDeleteI wasjust thinking about you; so lovely to see your post and the so happy pictures. Irene in N Ireland
ReplyDeleteso lovely that you got to visit your family and meet your grandson finally - have a good time going through all those photographs!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos! Thank you for sharing. Grandparenting is the best!
ReplyDeleteI've got to say that your grandson, Luka, is just way too cute. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful for you to finally meet Luka! So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful to read about this and see your lovely photos! Nothing better in the world than being grandparents! Now you will remember every bit of this and all the photos you are sent will be even more dear!
ReplyDeleteHow lovely for you all!
ReplyDeleteI hope you really enjoy your trip in Indiana and lots of cuddles with your grandson and family.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures of you both with Luka! I'm sure you had a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to meet you grandson and his parents. I know the feeling.
ReplyDeleteIn real life, so precious, Love every family photo.
ReplyDeleteYou waited a long time for this day. I'm so happy for you!!!
ReplyDelete